Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Chase Amazon CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small Chase Amazon CLI

I logged on to do a BT and my Chase Amazon was up to $5300 from $5000.  Nothing to write home about (begging the question...) but given the card is less then 6 months old and the credit crunch it is pretty encouraging.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Small Chase Amazon CLI

Pant pant pant drool slobber wimper!

I want one, too!  This card is my total go-to card b/c I'm obsessed w/ their cash back.  I've earned 250 bucks since September.  I have a 4k limit and would love to have it around 6k or so.  (I know, that's asking a lot!)

Super congrats on the CLI!  You've reminded me to behave and hopefully Chase will be kind to me too!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I didn't even know they had cash back. I'll have to log on and check that out too! Smiley Happy

Ok cool, just redeemed a $50 Cash Back from Amazon and turns out I have a $50 credit at Circuit City.

Message Edited by nyccc2 on 12-13-2008 12:38 PM
Message 3 of 10
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Yay!!!  Congrats!  Work it!

I take the cash at Amazon rather than a gift card, because, well, I can earn points by using the CC, not a gift card.  Sometimes cash IS king!

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh I didn't even know they had cash back. I'll have to log on and check that out too! Smiley Happy

Ok cool, just redeemed a $50 Cash Back from Amazon and turns out I have a $50 credit at Circuit City.

Message Edited by nyccc2 on 12-13-2008 12:38 PM

@how did you get a $50 credit @ CC through chase amazon cards??

Thanks!

Nadia

Message 5 of 10
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Have the rewards scheme with Chase Amazon recently?

I open my account with them over a year ago and they had a $15 credit on the first statement.  Then after I used the card the first time they gave me another $25 credit.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Underh20 wrote:

I open my account with them over a year ago and they had a $15 credit on the first statement.  Then after I used the card the first time they gave me another $25 credit.

I think this was one of the cards where the rewards actually got better. 3 points per dollar at amazon, 2 points at gas stations, drugstores, office supply stores, or type of dining establishments (with the usual exceptions), 1 point everywhere else. Points double during the first 90 days. You can upgrade your older card if you want.

The signup boni vary wildly. I got $50 after the first use, but that was a temporary offer, and I had to remind the CR during activation of this (she wanted to give me $30). Oh, did I mention that my CL sucked Smiley Very Happy?

Message 7 of 10
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Underh20 wrote:

I think this was one of the cards where the rewards actually got better. 3 points per dollar at amazon, 2 points at gas stations, drugstores, office supply stores, or type of dining establishments (with the usual exceptions), 1 point everywhere else. Points double during the first 90 days. You can upgrade your older card if you want.

The signup boni vary wildly. I got $50 after the first use, but that was a temporary offer, and I had to remind the CR during activation of this (she wanted to give me $30). Oh, did I mention that my CL sucked Smiley Very Happy?

Mine sucked, too.  Smiley Very Happy

Actually, I applied on Amazon.com and got declined.  Then two or three months later I got the card in the mail.  Go figure that one out!  The CL was a mere $500, but I didn't mind because it is used exclusively for Amazon purchases and nothing else.  After several months (maybe 6?), I noticed an automatic CL increase to $1k.  About six months after that I applied for a CLI to $2k and was declined.  I called for a recon and the analyst didn't want to budge.  I asked her to split the difference and she agreed.

In today's economic climate I wouldn't even ask for a CLI -- don't need one either.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Underh20 wrote:

Actually, I applied on Amazon.com and got declined.  Then two or three months later I got the card in the mail.  Go figure that one out!  The CL was a mere $500, but I didn't mind because it is used exclusively for Amazon purchases and nothing else.  After several months (maybe 6?), I noticed an automatic CL increase to $1k.

They must like you Smiley Very Happy. They gave me $300 initially and increased it to $900 after the double points days were over. I had the feeling they wanted to limit my use.

Message 9 of 10
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Underh20 wrote:

Actually, I applied on Amazon.com and got declined.  Then two or three months later I got the card in the mail.  Go figure that one out!  The CL was a mere $500, but I didn't mind because it is used exclusively for Amazon purchases and nothing else.  After several months (maybe 6?), I noticed an automatic CL increase to $1k.

They must like you Smiley Very Happy. They gave me $300 initially and increased it to $900 after the double points days were over. I had the feeling they wanted to limit my use.

I think that on these affinity cards the retail partner has a say in the approval process.  As I mentioned, I was declined upon application and only after a couple of months did a card show up in the mail.  I think it was because I buy a lot from Amazon. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.