cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small FrEEk oUT. Very high limit card e-alert over the limit! But ok.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small FrEEk oUT. Very high limit card e-alert over the limit! But ok.

Whoa. I have built up a large CL from Nat City. Very responsible I am... I thought I had a serious F/A e-alert from Nat City. I had a $0 bal on this card then charged a small purchase and my e-alert sent to me was titled,

Subject: National City e-alert: Overlimit

So concerned... It was over my "alert limit" not credit limit. I like to be notified of every transaction so I set the minimum alert limit. All is safe not even close to my credit limit. Wheu... Smiley Happy

If you get this alert don't FrEEk oUT like I did. It's ok. Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Small FrEEk oUT. Very high limit card e-alert over the limit! But ok.

Haha, glad to see that all is well in FICOLand!
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm still pondering the two charges I had last month on my on-line PenFed CC account, both for $1 million+. Definitely a pucker-up moment, and I don't mean for kissing, either.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm still pondering the two charges I had last month on my on-line PenFed CC account, both for $1 million+. Definitely a pucker-up moment, and I don't mean for kissing, either.

Whoa, you had mysterious charges for $1,000,000 show up? I think a cardiac moment would be more appropriate.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FretlessMayhem wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Whoa, you had mysterious charges for $1,000,000 show up? I think a cardiac moment would be more appropriate.
You know, if they'd been for $5 or 10K, that probably would have happened! But these figures were so absurd that I just stared at them. I did go get a cold one from the fridge, though, LOL.

When I called PenFed, they refered me to the propeller-beanie guys (IT), and the 15-year-old who picked up said something to the effect of dude, it's been acting up the last couple of days. (This despite my lack of dude-ness.) They went away a couple of days later.

I did screenshot them just to preserve the moment, though. Smiley Happy

I thought of this during the Sallie Mae fiasco two weeks ago...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

National City seems to be generous with CL's. I got Biz card with $15k CL, but my personal card is only $2k. I'll wait 6 months and ask them for CLI.

However, I lost 50 % of my investment on the National City Stock that I bought few months ago. I am keeping for long term so hopefully, I should make my money back at some time in future. But again they gave me 6 months 0% cash advance / No fees $7500 Limit on my biz card.

Oh well, we win some and loose some.

Message Edited by concorduser on 05-20-2008 09:45 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.