Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Small FrEEk oUT. Very high limit card e-alert over the limit! But ok.

Whoa. I have built up a large CL from Nat City. Very responsible I am... I thought I had a serious F/A e-alert from Nat City. I had a $0 bal on this card then charged a small purchase and my e-alert sent to me was titled,

Subject: National City e-alert: Overlimit

So concerned... It was over my "alert limit" not credit limit. I like to be notified of every transaction so I set the minimum alert limit. All is safe not even close to my credit limit. Wheu... :smileyhappy:

If you get this alert don't FrEEk oUT like I did. It's ok. :smileywink:
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Small FrEEk oUT. Very high limit card e-alert over the limit! But ok.

Haha, glad to see that all is well in FICOLand!
Here we go again...
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

I'm still pondering the two charges I had last month on my on-line PenFed CC account, both for $1 million+. Definitely a pucker-up moment, and I don't mean for kissing, either.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm still pondering the two charges I had last month on my on-line PenFed CC account, both for $1 million+. Definitely a pucker-up moment, and I don't mean for kissing, either.

Whoa, you had mysterious charges for $1,000,000 show up? I think a cardiac moment would be more appropriate.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

FretlessMayhem wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Whoa, you had mysterious charges for $1,000,000 show up? I think a cardiac moment would be more appropriate.
You know, if they'd been for $5 or 10K, that probably would have happened! But these figures were so absurd that I just stared at them. I did go get a cold one from the fridge, though, LOL.

When I called PenFed, they refered me to the propeller-beanie guys (IT), and the 15-year-old who picked up said something to the effect of dude, it's been acting up the last couple of days. (This despite my lack of dude-ness.) They went away a couple of days later.

I did screenshot them just to preserve the moment, though. :smileyhappy:

I thought of this during the Sallie Mae fiasco two weeks ago...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
concorduser

[ Edited ]
National City seems to be generous with CL's. I got Biz card with $15k CL, but my personal card is only $2k. I'll wait 6 months and ask them for CLI.

However, I lost 50 % of my investment on the National City Stock that I bought few months ago. I am keeping for long term so hopefully, I should make my money back at some time in future. But again they gave me 6 months 0% cash advance / No fees $7500 Limit on my biz card.

Oh well, we win some and loose some.

Message Edited by concorduser on 05-20-2008 09:45 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+