Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small successes

tag
diva0969
Regular Contributor

Small successes

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and I've been reading like crazy since I signed up last week.  I've learned so much already.  The first thing I did was get rid of the FAKO score monitoring; I had no idea those scores were useless until I joined myfico.  I've disputed several inaccuracies on my credit reports and one has already been removed. 

After taking into consideration the BK friendly cards that were listed on the site, I've applied and been approved for Hooter's, low CL but it's a start; and Kay's, which is also low but I'm going to call today and see if I can get an increase.

Cap 1, Wamu, (they sent me a please apply!) and Juniper denied me but I'll try again in a few months after I've paid my other card balances down.  I already have the Best Buy Rewards Mastercard, which they won't increase, and a secured credit union credit card which they won't convert until my EQ score hits 640. My BofA secured card was just converted to an unsecured card and they've already sent my deposit back.

My chapter 13 was discharged last summer and I've really been working hard to improve my scores.  I only wish I had known then what I know now.  But better late than never!

I'm really excited because now I know what I need to do.

Thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences!

04/19/08:  TU 588, EQ 546, EX 534.
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Small successes

CONGRATSSmiley WinkU ARE ON YOUR WAY!!!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

While the FAKOs are useless, you might want to consider keeping the credit monitoring so you can keep an eye on your reports and just pull FICOs as needed. Otherwise it's going to get expensive pulling FICOs on a regular basis to watch your reports.

Congrats on your progress so far.
Message 3 of 4
diva0969
Regular Contributor

You are absolutely right.  I still have a lot of work to do and I really like being able to pull up my reports and see the changes on a regular basis. 

Thanks!
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.