tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Smallest possible charge!

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So the other day I purchased a new cell phone and renewed my two year contract. Bought it online so I had to charge it. Total due with free shipping $0.01. I charged one cent to my Amex card. I actually could have used a gift card but thought it would be fun to charge it.
Should I worry about AA...😄

I don't think the CCCs care, it's all electronic transactions to them, so yes, they would rather get their part of a swipe fee on $100K rather than 1c, but ok.   The major losers are small merchants who have to pay a constant amount + a percent of the charge, so small transactions really hurt.    If you bought this from a big telco though, they don't care either!

From amazon... no need to sell your stock.  I'm sure they get a nice kickback from the cell phone company.

I work for big telco, so I will put you on our list of people who deprived us of some profit.   Expect slow downloads till you repent!

ETA: unless it was another carrier, in which case "Good job!"

Ah, Net Neutrality!  

Message 11 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So the other day I purchased a new cell phone and renewed my two year contract. Bought it online so I had to charge it. Total due with free shipping $0.01. I charged one cent to my Amex card. I actually could have used a gift card but thought it would be fun to charge it.

I don't think the CCCs care, it's all electronic transactions to them, so yes, they would rather get their part of a swipe fee on $100K rather than 1c, but ok.   The major losers are small merchants who have to pay a constant amount + a percent of the charge, so small transactions really hurt.    If you bought this from a big telco though, they don't care either!

From amazon... no need to sell your stock.  I'm sure they get a nice kickback from the cell phone company.

I work for big telco, so I will put you on our list of people who deprived us of some profit.   Expect slow downloads till you repent!

Ah, Net Neutrality!  

Yes, OP will get equally slow downloads from all websites!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, Net Neutrality!  

oh no! how is OP going to to have hard time streaming adult movies! Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 17
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, Net Neutrality!  

oh no! how is OP going to to have hard time streaming adult movies! Smiley LOL

Smiley LOL

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does the merchant pay for a swipe fee on a 1 cent sale? Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

100%
Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

What does the merchant pay for a swipe fee on a 1 cent sale? Smiley Tongue

Obviously varies per agreement, but we've seen stuff like 15 cents + X%, so a loss on the 1c transaction regardless of the exact percent!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.