cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Connect, and sending cash over 1k....

tag
Redissochi
New Contributor

Smart Connect, and sending cash over 1k....

Heres the situation: My mother needs $3 grand for a personal financial situation and has asked me, the loving daughter, to help her. I have the three grand in cash to hand over but I really dont want to dip in my savings if I dont have to. I have a smart connect account through paypal with a 10k limit that is at a zero balance and my mother has a paypal account with a paypal debit. I have sent her money using smart connect before but it was only like $50 bucks here or $100 there, never anything of this magnitude. Has anyone every had an experience sending this amount of cash? Did you run into any issues or were you able to send like normal? I dont want to raise any red flags with paypal or hurt my account since its one of my oldest, but I would prefer to use it instead of using cash and that way it would go directly to her debit card. Nevermind interest rates or anything like that...not too worried about that just need some info. If you guys have any other suggestions where I dont have to dip in my savings Im all ears...

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Smart Connect, and sending cash over 1k....

Bump for help

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

It works like any other transaction.  You can even select "friends/family" so that you pay the paypal fees, not her.

Message 3 of 6
RonelTek

i did the same thing twice last year, two diffrent outcome. one for my younger brother in south florida, sent 1300 to help him with his car downpayment, it was sent to his paypal account without issue. However, an 2nd time last year during christmas time, i purchased some car parts from a co-worker, and since we knew each other, i thought paypal was the best route rather than coming to work with that much cash, anyway, sent him 1429 at 6am and paypal flagged it, and wanted me to call in to verify that it was me sending the money, it took about 24hrs to get things cleared up.  So if even if you do run into any issue, eventually she will get the money, if they flag your transaction, all they would need is you to verify it. so you should be fine..i think..lol

Message 4 of 6
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Idont think it should be a problem, you will need to pay the fee for it... How long have you had the smart connect and how you got it so high ip?
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 6
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I had a 6k smart credit line in the past, I had no problems transferring between family members, didn't run one for over $3k, but plenty over $1k and never encountered any issues. I closed because of their crazy high APR (18.99%)

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.