Did you mean: 

Sneaky Bank of America Balance Transfers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Balance Transfer Quiz

@NRB525 wrote:

I don't think you have a Chase Slate card

You did not read, or did not understand, my explanation on your other thread why this is not a scenario to be concerned with, when you set up your Chase Blueprint payment correctly. 

Blueprint has nothing to do with it. The terms of the BT checks are determined by what is written in the disclosure statement that comes with the BT checks. Also, as I have told you several times already, I have talked to at least 8 people who work at Chase, 4 in person, and 4 at the call center, (which I called using the # on back of my Slate  card), several of which who have confirmed that my interpretation of the disclosure statement is correct..

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I have merged your two threads.  They may involve different banks but BTs for both work the same so we don't need multiple threads on the same subject. Also instead of posting somewhat convoluted 'social experiments' I'd suggest you frame your posts a bit differently.  Many people here are quite familiar with how BTs work so please tone it down a bit on the whole being a math whiz.  Comes off as bit condescending to other posters.

Message 32 of 34
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

I don't think you have a Chase Slate card

You did not read, or did not understand, my explanation on your other thread why this is not a scenario to be concerned with, when you set up your Chase Blueprint payment correctly. 

Blueprint has nothing to do with it. The terms of the BT checks are determined by what is written in the disclosure statement that comes with the BT checks. Also, as I have told you several times already, I have talked to at least 8 people who work at Chase, 4 in person, and 4 at the call center, (which I called using the # on back of my Slate  card), several of which who have confirmed that my interpretation of the disclosure statement is correct..

Blueprint is the solution to your concern, for Chase non-cobranded cards such as Slate and Freedom.

Without a Chase card, you don't have the visibility to this solution. The disclosures are accurate, if Blueprint is not used. Blueprint does solve the issue.

You have read the user manual that tells you to beware the stove may be hot, but have not actually bought the stove and put your hand on it with the burners turned off to find out for yourself that in that situation the stove is in fact not hot. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sneaky Bank of America Balance Transfers

@Anonymous wrote:

If you revolve your blanace to take advantage of a promotional or introductory offer, all transactions and balances, including purchases, will be charged interest.

But if you read their standard DISCLOSURE SUMMARY, it says in the How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases section:

Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you any interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.

these two stipulations appear to be mutually contradictory, until we examine, more closely, the last stipulation. The key is the phrase entire balance.  

As previously stated all cards (99%) work this way. Any offer can come with a change in terms which is what most cards do here. An offer does not have to keep the original terms as you have to agree to the offer including any term changes it may entail.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.