Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky on my part, but it worked w/Chase

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Sneaky on my part, but it worked w/Chase

DH was ratejacked last year to 28%...Account listed as CLOSED due to Inactivity.  Not a huge balance.

I emailed them citing 12 ontime's...could they decrease interest?  They declined because the account is listed as CLOSED.

I emailed again.....Gee Good to Know.  Since you won't help, we'll just include you in our bk7.

I just received a message.....They're lowering the percentage to 17.  Every little bit helps. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sneaky on my part, but it worked w/Chase

lol, congrats. they are impossible to deal with if you have been ratejacked.
Message 2 of 19
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

LOl, I know but I've got the *power* in my pocket.  I'm probably going to pay them off within a few months, but a few bucks in my pocket now helps out. 
Message 3 of 19
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Oooooooooooo good one!
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 19
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

DH was ratejacked last year to 28%...Account listed as CLOSED due to Inactivity.  Not a huge balance.

I emailed them citing 12 ontime's...could they decrease interest?  They declined because the account is listed as CLOSED.

I emailed again.....Gee Good to Know.  Since you won't help, we'll just include you in our bk7.

I just received a message.....They're lowering the percentage to 17.  Every little bit helps. 

Good for you! 17% is better than 28%!
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

LOL, SWEEEEEET!  better your pocket than a cfo bonus-

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 19
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

May be a sneaky way to get your APR lowered, not to sure if it was a smart moved to place in writing (e-mail) that you will just include Chase in your Bankruptcy filling.

Although the account is closed, your e-mail may have been inserted in your account file.

You may have caused more harm to yourself than your realize, “unintended consequences”.

That strategy could come back to haunt you.

Message 7 of 19
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Yep, law of unintended consequences is solid.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 8 of 19
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I have no intention of filing bk.  I'm almost out of debt.
Message 9 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

sure, better to avoid a paper trail that could possibly cast you in a negative light but what consequences- as you noted it's a closed account:  boo hoo! i'll never have another chase cc (which i doubt they blacklist people for seeking only to get their bills paid in a reasonable pricing, rather than via bk) even one of the biggest usuries in the world is probably quite happy to have a customer willing to pay 17% on a closed acct post haste.  once it's paid off, he may get swamped with preapprovals from the new Chase/Wamu, now that's an unintended consquence perhaps unworthy of OP's attention.

Message Edited by score_building on 10-23-2008 07:23 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.