Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Amex didn't just pull Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Amex didn't just pull Experian

For my Green they pulled Experian, for my Gold they pulled TU *and* Efax.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: So Amex didn't just pull Experian

I think this is new for them, older posts usually mentioned that they would simply hit EX again for a second application right after the first.  I guess since they had already pulled EX, there was not much point in pulling that one again, might as well look at TU and EQ.  Wonder if other creditors will start doing this too. 
Message 2 of 6
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

What a bummer...3 inqs for that one credit lender.  Used to be only Cap 1 did this kind of thing.  The wave of the credit future, no doubt.  Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TangMeister wrote:
What a bummer...3 inqs for that one credit lender.  Used to be only Cap 1 did this kind of thing.  The wave of the credit future, no doubt.  Smiley Sad

I'm not complaining, I got a Green and a $10k Gold and both will be dated back to 1986. Worth the three hits.

Message 4 of 6
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TangMeister wrote:

I'm not complaining, I got a Green and a $10k Gold and both will be dated back to 1986. Worth the three hits.

In your case, yes, it was definitely worth it.  For others without a prior relationship with them, it's definitely gonna be a bummer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TangMeister wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TangMeister wrote:

In your case, yes, it was definitely worth it.  For others without a prior relationship with them, it's definitely gonna be a bummer.

Understood, but for what it is worth, they just pulled the Experian for the Green. The other two were for a second app made less then a day later, not a total surprise.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.