Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So BOFA is now doing hards for CLI?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: So BOFA is now doing hards for CLI?

Yes, it looks like BOA has been doing some house cleaning.  The wordings for the CLI request changed.  Also, I am noticing my old account from MBNA  no longer appearing when I log in.  Only my BOA AMEX card is now showing.

Message 11 of 17
BoSox617
Contributor

IME, BoA CLIs have always been soft - until yesterday (last CLI was in DEC 2010). 

When I called yesterday, the credit analyst stated that it would definitely require a hard pull.   I also noticed that the language on the online CLI request section has changed as well.

Message 12 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@BoSox617 wrote:

IME, BoA CLIs have always been soft - until yesterday (last CLI was in DEC 2010). 

When I called yesterday, the credit analyst stated that it would definitely require a hard pull.   I also noticed that the language on the online CLI request section has changed as well.

Well, I'm glad I took advantage of the CLI button before the change.  I got up to $7,000 within a short period of time.  I do not think I waited a full six month or even close to ask for CLIs b/t  each reqeusts.  All good things comes to an end. Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Last month I asked for a CLI on both my BoA accounts (denied BTW) and the credit analyst said she would make sure it was coded as a soft which made me think it might have been a hard hit initially. But I won't know for sure until I pull my free EX report again in a few months.

However this same analyst (not first line CSR) was surprised when I informed her that no one can buy an EX FICO score from the EX website. That didn't give me much faith in her knowledge about whether the CLI request would be coded a hard or soft.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curioser & curioser!!!

It does appear that the verbiage has changed when you click the CLI link-- It think it's been almost 2 years (man, time sure does fly) since I've requested a BoA CLI, but I definitely don't recall the threat of a hard pull being there. Perhaps I'll try calling a credit analyst again tomorrow, to see if they change their tune from what they told me a couple of hours ago.

But... Sounds like we're gonna need a guinea pig to settle this one for certain. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Curioser & curioser!!!

It does appear that the verbiage has changed when you click the CLI link-- It think it's been almost 2 years (man, time sure does fly) since I've requested a BoA CLI, but I definitely don't recall the threat of a hard pull being there. Perhaps I'll try calling a credit analyst again tomorrow, to see if they change their tune from what they told me a couple of hours ago.

But... Sounds like we're gonna need a guinea pig to settle this one for certain. :smileytongue:

Count me out!  I don't need any more inquiries until after September. 

Message 16 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

I called in and got a cli 2 weeks back and it was a soft.

BofA named a new CFO last week after a bad Q1 and that could change many things. I remember someone saying that his AF was removed automatically (read automagically)...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.