Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Can I and should I?

tag
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

So Can I and should I?

Well as many of you that have read my garden thread, you know that I garden the best I can as well as thinking of cards to apply/strategy to have my credit as it can be. Here is my history:

I have a total of six cards: 

1. Bank Of America Cash Rewards (recieved this as my first ever card with a 700 limit. I got a CLI and it was bumped to 1,000.) I opened it on April 25th, 2012.

2. Citi Forward student (The main reason I got this was for school and I eat out quite a bit, and also I wanted to be in with a prime lender like Citi.) I opened this on October 27th of last year. And they gave me an initial limit of 1,500 of which I have not asked for a CLI yet. 

3. Discover More (The reason why I got this card was because I also wanted to try my luck with Discover and thankfully they approved me. I applied the same night that I applied for the Citi Forward.) Got an instant approval with a 1,500 line. Still not have asked for a CLI as I think they are pretty conservative and I'd rather not take a HP for a CLI at this point.

4. Amex Premier Rewards Gold. Got this card because I have always wanted an Amex and as well I wanted to build a relationship with them. I was approved for the card on November 24, 2012. Got approved for it Instantly. NPSL.

5. Chase Freedom- Decided not to app until May 1st (waited for six months from my last app.) and apped early that morning and recieved another instant approval with an initial limit of 2,400. Got it obviously for the Cashback and the categories. It is also my main card for everyday spend that I don't use my other cards categories for. Still not have asked for a CLI yet either, but hopefully will be able to qualify for one next month or later on.

6. Chase Southwest Rapid Reward Plus card. I wanted a travel card whether it would have been hotel or airline and I fly with Southwest if I'm not flying with AA at the time. Did not recieve an instant approval, but I logged in the next morning and found out that it was added to my list of Chase cards. They have given me an initial limit of 3.6k. Used for rather large purchases (unusual purchases or airline tickets.)

Inquiries:

EQ: 2 (AT&T when I was getting a new account set up, and when Amex triple pulled me, that led to an HP on EQ.)

EX:6 (Citi, Chase Freedom the first time, did not get it, Amex, Chase again in May, Chase again in June, Citi in June, I wanted the AA card but they denied me saying that they want to see more history from me before approving me.) As you can also see in my sigs is when I apped for the cards and the date the card was opened.

TU: 3. (Discover, Amex triple pull, BOFA CLI)

Income: I'm a student but my income will next year. I will use my current income of 12k when I app since I'll use my new income next year when I app and get CLI's.(and I'll have one year of being there.)

Living situation: I live with my parents at the moment, and don't pay rent. I do pay for any time I go out, Gas, Phone bills, tuition, books etc. My HHI is 250k.

my scores last time I checked were EX: 732 TU: 743., EQ: 724. Back in september. Not sure what my AAOA would be. I also have a current balance of 131.78 on my Freedom card that will be paid this weekend. All others are paid off so It's good other then that. I want the SPG and the BCE, do I have a chance either when it comes time to app?

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Re: So Can I and should I?

Bump.
Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 2 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:
Bump.

BADDIES?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 17
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Myjourney- I don't have any baddies. 

Message 4 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

Well as many of you that have read my garden thread, you know that I garden the best I can as well as thinking of cards to apply/strategy to have my credit as it can be. Here is my history:

1. Bank Of America Cash Rewards (recieved this as my first ever card with a 700 limit. I got a CLI and it was bumped to 1,000.) I opened it on April 25th, 2012.

Ask for CLI 

2. Citi Forward student (The main reason I got this was for school and I eat out quite a bit, and also I wanted to be in with a prime lender like Citi.) I opened this on October 27th of last year. And they gave me an initial limit of 1,500 of which I have not asked for a CLI yet. 

Not sure 

3. Discover More (The reason why I got this card was because I also wanted to try my luck with Discover and thankfully they approved me. I applied the same night that I applied for the Citi Forward.) Got an instant approval with a 1,500 line. Still not have asked for a CLI as I think they are pretty conservative and I'd rather not take a HP for a CLI at this point.

PC to it card for the different catergories

4. Amex Premier Rewards Gold. Got this card because I have always wanted an Amex and as well I wanted to build a relationship with them. I was approved for the card on November 24, 2012. Got approved for it Instantly. NPSL.

You need to make the call on this one Lol

IMHO apply for the other card you want BCE and if approved then close 

5. Chase Freedom- Decided not to app until May 1st (waited for six months from my last app.) and apped early that morning and recieved another instant approval with an initial limit of 2,400. Got it obviously for the Cashback and the categories. It is also my main card for everyday spend that I don't use my other cards categories for. Still not have asked for a CLI yet either, but hopefully will be able to qualify for one next month or later on.

See if you get auto luv 

6. Chase Southwest Rapid Reward Plus card. I wanted a travel card whether it would have been hotel or airline and I fly with Southwest if I'm not flying with AA at the time. Did not recieve an instant approval, but I logged in the next morning and found out that it was added to my list of Chase cards. They have given me an initial limit of 3.6k. Used for rather large purchases (unusual purchases or airline tickets.)

Do you travell enough for this card?

Inquiries:

EQ: 2 (AT&T when I was getting a new account set up, and when Amex triple pulled me, that led to an HP on EQ.)

EX:6 (Citi, Chase Freedom the first time, did not get it, Amex, Chase again in May, Chase again in June, Citi in June, I wanted the AA card but they denied me saying that they want to see more history from me before approving me.) As you can also see in my sigs is when I apped for the cards and the date the card was opened.

Income: I'm a student but my income will next year. I will use my current income of 12k when I app since I'll use my new income next year when I app and get CLI's.(and I'll have one year of being there.)

Living situation: I live with my parents at the moment, and don't pay rent. I do pay for any time I go out, Gas, Phone bills, tuition, books etc. My HHI is 250k.

my scores last time I checked were EX: 732 TU: 743., EQ: 724. Back in september. Not sure what my AAOA would be. I also have a current balance of 131.78 on my Freedom card that will be paid this weekend. All others are paid off so It's good other then that. I want the SPG and the BCE, do I have a chance either when it comes time to app?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 17
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Myjourney- Do you thinl they will allow another CLI? I asked for one in June and I got it, but I don't want to use another HP. I am planning to PC to the IT card by the end of the year, just been lazy to do it. That's what I was thinking, I promised you I wouldn't app until December, but can I or should I apply for both the SPG and the BCE? I was going to close it regardless, but idk how I should do this. Or should I wait as planned until December/ January?. I'm hoping Chase will give me an auto CLI, as I've spent nearly 2k since I got it back in May. I do fly with SW, I'm going to Las Vegas for a wedding next month, and don't want to drive (already bought my tickets). Additionally, I've spent quite a bit on the SW. I use AA whenever I can justify price and the routing for me. But yes, how should I go about this?

Message 6 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@bluesnowman wrote:

Ask for CLI 

Not sure 

PC to it card for the different catergories

You need to make the call on this one Lol

IMHO apply for the other card you want BCE and if approved then close 

See if you get auto luv 

Do you travell enough for this card?

Inquiries:

The outline I gave above will only require 3 HP's ..........BofA CLI.........Amex BCE and SPG if you can use it and make it work for you (3)

PC's are not HP's 

NO moves before Dec like you planned 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 17
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

correct me if im wrong but, wouldnt it be best if you are going to apply in december then just wait until january for amex since you already have PRG you will get the maximum possible for backdating purpose. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 8 of 17
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

So when should I ask for another CLI+close my PRG. The only reason I was afraid is because I am not sure if Amex will approve me again and if they do, will they approve for both cards. What I'm trying to ask, in what order is the best way to do this without my credit being impacted too much?

Message 9 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@BMW_M-Series wrote:

correct me if im wrong but, wouldnt it be best if you are going to apply in december then just wait until january for amex since you already have PRG you will get the maximum possible for backdating purpose. 

Correct about backdating but AF is due in Dec I think and OP wants to close 

OP correct me if I'm wrong in the PRG AF date

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.