Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Cap1 EO called me today...

tag
primechicken
Contributor

So Cap1 EO called me today...

I had emailed on Sunday and requested a CLI on my Platinum rebuilder card, a rewards package added to it, and the annual fee dropped. I had also asked for a recon on my denied app for the Cash Rewards Visa. It was a pretty flowery email, I think I actually overdid it cuz it really made me laugh when I reread it. (I used the phrase "delightfully reciprocal" at one point.)

Anyway, a nice man phoned me this afternoon and kinda reiterated what he understood from the email and then asked what he could do to help me today. (Seemed kinda redundant, but whatever.) I restated what was in the email. He told me he couldn't recon the CashRewards app without a hard pull cuz it's been just over 30 days (I just barely read about the EO email last week!) so I told him skip that, I don't want another HP.

I asked him about my current card instead and he informed that I'm in the credit steps program. I told him I understood that it would receive an auto-CLI from 500 to 750 after the 6th cycle or so, but that this was still not a limit that made me very happy nor could it really persuade me to use it over my other cards from banks showing more confidence in me by giving much better CLs. He kinda staggered around mumbling, "Hmmm... Let's see... I could... Well... What if I were to offer a rewards benefit on the card of 1% across the board [pretty much what the CRV offers]? Would that make you happy?"

Politely I told him that it would be a good start. Then I went on to tell him, "What would really make me happy is the rewards benefit implemented, that annual fee dropped, and the ceiling on that Platinum credit steps card removed so I could have the added protection of a decent credit limit."

He went on to tell me he was going to implement the 1% rewards benefit on the card regardless which should begin in 3-4 days. But he would have to look into removing the annual fee (it's 19 bucks) and get back to me on it. He then suggested he could do a manual review of my credit and possibly bypass the credit steps ceiling. He asked how much I would like to see the line at. I told him 5000 without stuttering. He asked if I would be willing to consider a counter. I said considering is something I could do. He asked for some income and rent figures and said he was going to "work on it" and call me back early next week with hopefully some good news. He gave me a number to reach him at and his schedule. Seemed to take an interest.

We'll see what happens. I'll follow up here.

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: So Cap1 EO called me today...

Message 2 of 34
wonderandawe
Valued Member

Is your platinum a secure card?  I am coming up on a year at the end of next month and going to email the EO office for a CLI and removal of the AF.  

I'm going to ask for a transfer to unsecure too, but I doubt that is going to happen.  But I am going to ask on principle.

(Edited past paragraph from secure to unsecure.)

myFICO Equifax - 675 (June 2013)
myFICO TransUnion - 700! (June 2013)
Credit Karma - 682 (June 2013)
Starting Score - 603 (December 2012)

In the garden since 6/7/2013
Message 3 of 34
primechicken
Contributor

It is not a secure card nor has it been. You should go for it. I've never had a secure card but my understanding is that it means you're 'paid in' on the balance, so to speak. Am I misunderstanding? What do you think are the benefits of having your card changed to secure?
Message 4 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Good luck to you!!

How long has your card been open OP?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 34
primechicken
Contributor

Only since November.
Message 6 of 34
wonderandawe
Valued Member

Sorry, I meant Unsecure.  It is already secure.  

Message 7 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think you may have jumped the gun on this EO call. You really should have waited until your card was a year old.

But hopefully they take care of you!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 34
wonderandawe
Valued Member

Quick Question: my card will be a year old next month.  Should I contact the EO before I get hit with the yearly AF.  Or wait until the card is offically a year old?

Message 9 of 34
primechicken
Contributor

The CLI and AF are still pending, but the 1% rewards benefit is already a go! I'd say it's a win even if they deny or counter the CLI. And I see that 19-dollar AF being dropped. I'll let ya know though!
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.