Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Chase gave a CLD I think

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Chase gave a CLD I think

I got an alert from Credit Karma that Chase gave me a $200 CLD decrease.

My utilization is %16 5.5k/30k and statement balances are always paid in full.. However, I did carry a balance on Chase for one month with only minimum payment so maybe that was a factor?

Anyway a $200 decrease is miniscule, no biggie. I just thought it was interesting to and shared it with you guys. To make matters more interesting they took the liberty of removing an inquiry back from August on my report.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: So Chase gave a CLD I think

Did you verify this by logging into your chase account? As to the missing inquiry, try to pull up an actual TU report, ck has been know to drop those, when TU does not.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Did you verify this by logging into your chase account? As to the missing inquiry, try to pull up an actual TU report, ck has been know to drop those, when TU does not.

I don't see any decrease in my account. Could it really be an error on CK?

Message 3 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Yup.
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Smiley Happy Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. That's why people say just use CK for monitoring but it's not to be trusted.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I second that its probably a credit karma error because why would chase decrease your limit by so little? 200? Makes no sense.
Message 6 of 17
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I second that its probably a credit karma error because why would chase decrease your limit by so little? 200? Makes no sense.

+1

If they're ever upset enough to give you a CLD, it'll be a lot bigger than that. CK gets a lot wrong. I've seen them lose entire accounts for a week, get the balances wrong, all kinds of things. Like the pirates' code from the Johnny Depp movies, consider CK "more of a guideline" than a hard reality.

Message 7 of 17
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Smiley Happy Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. That's why people say just use CK for monitoring but it's not to be trusted.

Agreed.

Message 8 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

CK is crap, thats why i just paid for MyFico.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

The other day, I got an alert from CK saying my debt had increased by over 200k. I signed in to find out that they also deleted 48 accounts from my report, then re-added 48 accounts. The result was my total debt (mortgages, auto, CC's) went from 0 (after they deleted accounts) to 200k+ (when they added the accounts back). 

Lol, you get what you pay for. 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.