cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Citi Hilton card.... Anyone Really know what is going to happen to it?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So Citi Hilton card.... Anyone Really know what is going to happen to it?

So as anyone who has the Citi Hilton card knows it is going away at the end of the year.  Their being Citi verbiage on their site states accounts in good standing will be converted over to another card basically.  Anyways we are about two months away and still no news what is going on other than the obvious Amex is the sole issuer of the Hilton cards going forward.

I have read on DOC site various things a few lucky ones have been able to PC while others have got mixed signals from non-informed CSR's.  Either the card is going to Amex (basically conflicting what their FAQ say) or we will know more in the future and you will be PC'ed into X card whatever that card might be.  Anyone have anymore insight into what might or might not be going on?  I need another Amex card if it is converted like I need a bullet in my head especially since I have a TON of exposure with Amex.  Thoughts anyone?  The time is creeping up and you think they would know something by now.  They did a great job communicating initially that they lost the contract out to Amex for whatever reasons, but since mixed messages and no communication persay.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
red259
Super Contributor

Re: So Citi Hilton card.... Anyone Really know what is going to happen to it?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So as anyone who has the Citi Hilton card knows it is going away at the end of the year.  Their being Citi verbiage on their site states accounts in good standing will be converted over to another card basically.  Anyways we are about two months away and still no news what is going on other than the obvious Amex is the sole issuer of the Hilton cards going forward.

I have read on DOC site various things a few lucky ones have been able to PC while others have got mixed signals from non-informed CSR's.  Either the card is going to Amex (basically conflicting what their FAQ say) or we will know more in the future and you will be PC'ed into X card whatever that card might be.  Anyone have anymore insight into what might or might not be going on?  I need another Amex card if it is converted like I need a bullet in my head especially since I have a TON of exposure with Amex.  Thoughts anyone?  The time is creeping up and you think they would know something by now.  They did a great job communicating initially that they lost the contract out to Amex for whatever reasons, but since mixed messages and no communication persay.

I was reading about this recently and the sense I got was that they are selling their cards to Amex. I'm already at my cap with amex cards or at least with revolvers, so if they do that they better offer me a bonus to stay otherwise I am closing the hilton reserve. I have the hilton surpass card which I need to keep for the first year to get my free night. I did see like you mentioned that some people were able to PC their card to citi cards. I don't want to have my card PC'd to a citi ty card and have that reset my bonus clock. I'm leaning towards closing my premier card this month so that will start the two year clock on TY signup bonuses. I am really hoping they announce ahead of time what their plan is so I can close the card. I don't want them to make a move with my card and then tell me after. That would not be cool at all. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 Thanks for the reply..  Ya my feelings pretty much exactly are your feelings.   I ideally would like them to PC it to something of my choice like dividends or possibly DC (although have enough 2% cards) or possibly let me move the CL over to another card.  It sucks as not an AF card and a decent CL on it and opened it January of this year being to no AF version so still fairly a new account.  I hope they let us know what is up within the next month as them PC'ing it to Amex isn't really an option that I want as have 4 revolvers with Amex w/approx just under 70k exposure with Amex where-as only 19k with Citi.  Hopefully more will come out within the next few weeks what I would do to get in touch with a US Based rep. vs. oversees to speak with regarding this as made one call thus far and a slightly communication barrier.  I also agree it is appearing they already signed a deal with Amex (looking more and more this way) which limits our options although their FAQ's state different being PC'ed to another card of theirs.  Not thrilled how this is being handled.    What can you expect from a bank though as if there is enough money in it for them our information is for sale

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling them doesn't seem to help at all since different reps tell people different things. There's a couple threads over on Flyertalk about this and one post noted that the actually transfer has been moved to late January instead of December. Another post from people applying for the Amex Surpass for the SUB have been getting a (paraphrasing here) "congratulations on your new Amex Hilton Accend card" General concensous seems to be that Amex is adding another card to cover those of us who have both the Citi Hilton and the Amex Hilton.

As for Citi, everything I've read on their website says they will be transfering accounts in good standing to another Citi card (not yet determined which). I'm just planning on closing my Citi Hilton and having them transfer the CL to my Citi AA card. There just isn't another Citi card I want. Plus, if Amex is going to offer another new Hilton card, I want to be able to sign up for it for whatever SUB they have.

Message 4 of 20
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Calling them doesn't seem to help at all since different reps tell people different things. There's a couple threads over on Flyertalk about this and one post noted that the actually transfer has been moved to late January instead of December. Another post from people applying for the Amex Surpass for the SUB have been getting a (paraphrasing here) "congratulations on your new Amex Hilton Accend card" General concensous seems to be that Amex is adding another card to cover those of us who have both the Citi Hilton and the Amex Hilton.

As for Citi, everything I've read on their website says they will be transfering accounts in good standing to another Citi card (not yet determined which). I'm just planning on closing my Citi Hilton and having them transfer the CL to my Citi AA card. There just isn't another Citi card I want. Plus, if Amex is going to offer another new Hilton card, I want to be able to sign up for it for whatever SUB they have.

Talked to csr today about the same: 1) Am Ex is going to issue an Am Ex Hilton card to the Citi holders, 2) I couldn't reallocate the cl of this card to another Citi card, because Am Ex is stepping in.  If that happens, fine with me, I will reallocate the cl to my Surpass.  Just passing on the latest!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 5 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Viva-LV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Talked to csr today about the same: 1) Am Ex is going to issue an Am Ex Hilton card to the Citi holders, 2) I couldn't reallocate the cl of this card to another Citi card, because Am Ex is stepping in.  If that happens, fine with me, I will reallocate the cl to my Surpass.  Just passing on the latest!

So nice Citi has passed this information onto us Smiley Sad.. So much about their PC as well in their FAQ's... Will just cancel the card prior to it going to Amex as have way to much with them being Amex already.

Message 6 of 20
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Thought I was being proactive because I wanted to "keep" a Hilton card and things were leaning towards CITI keeping us and product changing. I applied for the AMEX Surpass and just received it very recently. If I read the recent posts correctly I may now have two AMEX Hilton cards after the first of the year.

Message 7 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

If it turns in to a second amex hilton card it may be worth it to hold on to the first year IF they are going to give a free night at the one year mark. If they aren't giving any other benefits then I don't want another amex. I have the surpass already for gold status. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Viva-LV wrote:

That seemed to be the general concensus when it was announced, and when it was announced that the card was being discontinued there was a mad rush of apps those next couple of days, with most apps going pending.  Mine went pending and then I got a letter stating that they had not processed my application as they were no longer accepting applications for Hilton cards.  I had hoped to ultimately just move the limit over to SPG in my quest for $100k.  I'm sorry this doesn't appear to be the desirable outcome for many.

Message 9 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@Viva-LV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am anxious to see if Amex issues me a card seeing that I am on their blacklist.  
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.