Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, Discover messed up...

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: So, Discover messed up...

Update:

Still no card...I've lost all faith in the postal service here. The address mess up isn't their fault but they keep trying to deliver it there even though it's a vacant lot and with me going up there 2 days in a row asking for my package. They keep telling me it's there then when I get there they say the carrier has it. So I called Discover today and told them what's going on. They cancelled my original card (kept the same number though) overnighting me my new card and then my "welcome" package should be in next week.

I've wasted too much time dealing with this and got frustrated over it. Glad it's taken care of now.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

HA! I knew this would happen...

Got a call from the post office this morning. Said they finally found my package and its out for delivery today. Oh well.

I nearly asked Discover to compensate me by giving me a big CLI, but I didn't think they'd gone for it! Smiley Very Happy

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 12 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Got a call from the post office this morning. Said they finally found my package and its out for delivery today. Oh well.

I nearly asked Discover to compensate me by giving me a big CLI, but I didn't think they'd gone for it! Smiley Very Happy

Yay to the postoffice!!  Smiley Wink 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 13 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Yay to the postoffice!!  Smiley Wink 

lol, i almost lost it.

they knew the address was wrong, and knew there was not even a house at that address. It's just a vacant lot, but kept attempting delivery and stating there was no person present for the package. Then they would call and say "its here", so I'd head up there the next morning and it would be out for delivery again.

I had to bite my lip and just remember they are human and the initial mistake wasn't theirs. I just told them thanks and was mostly appreciative of them.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 14 of 15
newUser0
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Sorry this happened to you, OP.  You should contact them and ask for a $25 starbucks card for the inconvenience, there has been a number of success w/ this Smiley Happy 

You love Starbucks. I still remember you chat with Discover for SB Card. Did you finally got one?Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.