Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So GE doesn't like me?

tag
mkm77
Regular Contributor

So GE doesn't like me?

I'm always seeing threads about GE and their credit line increases and I've always wondered what my wife and I are doing wrong. I have:

GE Banana Republic..Opened 2-12 Never Used $400 Limit never increased

GE Care Credit... Opened 10-2009 $500 Limit forever Carried a balance over the course of 2 years with PIF 3 times..Declined many tines for increase speaking to someone..Finally increased to $3500 limit by phone electronic request. Zero current balance

GE Walmart: Opened 10-2010 Initially $700 limit then $900 then $1100 but nothing in over a year. Carried a balance off and on...PIF several times...Zero balance since early this year. Requested increase over phone electronically..Declined. Zero balance last 6 months

GE Walmart Discover: Opened 03-2012. Initially $1,000... Made a few small charges. PIF always but no increase.Zero balance Last 5 months.

GE Chevron Gas: Opened 10-10... Used a fair amount..$700 line initial...Carried a balance off and on 8 months...Never increased..not used last 6 months.

GE  Lowes: Opened 3-2012 Carried balance....Paid in full several times...No increase.

Never ever late but credit utilization can go high sometimes...Never over limit. Lots of other credit with big lines..PenFed 25K, CSP 5K USAA 25k Discover 15K DCU 10 K...other smaller crds. Depending on utilization my scores vary wildly from low 600s to over 750.

Wife has 7 GE Cards...Similiar situation as mine above...Never had ANY INCREASE other than her Care Credit from $500 to $10,000! After being constantly declined and no increases.

Whats going on here? Do they hate when you carry a balance? Like PIF? Hates high util even if not high when ask for increase?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: So GE doesn't like me?

Sounds like you would be a great candidate for calling underwriting(GE Credit Solutions).  On my wally card I went from $400 to 10K in 1 year.  All rules(including the 4 month rumor) are thrown out the window when you call them.  Good Luck.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 25
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

you just have to call and go through the automated system and ask
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 25
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried calling the backdoor number?

Message 4 of 25
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Tried a few times electronically and except for Care Credit always declined. Not really trying to get an increase but just wondering why everyone talks about GE's auto CLI and I never get anything.

Message 5 of 25
S7
Established Contributor

they hate me too. Smiley Sad

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 6 of 25
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I received the first and only automatic increase from them after about nine months of having the card. I charged it up almost to the limit and let the balance sit for a while (no interest) and when I paid it off, I got the increase. Recently, I kept being denied by the system and told their policy would not allow it. I finally rang customer service and they transferred me to an analyst. She said she didn't know what the letter was on about, but she could do the request herself. A few moments later she double the line as I asked.

I recommend speaking with someone to so if you can get the increase manually.

Message 7 of 25
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Sounds like you would be a great candidate for calling underwriting(GE Credit Solutions).  On my wally card I went from $400 to 10K in 1 year.  All rules(including the 4 month rumor) are thrown out the window when you call them.  Good Luck.

How did you do that ? from time to time ??? How much did they increase each time ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 25
ricefed
Contributor

I just pm's you a helpful phone number.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 9 of 25
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Thanks

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.