Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So... How is FNBO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So... How is FNBO?

Okay, so I was gonna enter gardening... but I feel like I'm being stalked by FNBO. Yesterday I got their preapproved letter for platinum edition visa card, which I shredded, and today I was going through my junk mail stash, and realized they sent me total of 9 pre-approval letters in last couple months.

today's the day I also opened up checking & saving at local credit union (techcu), and when I was on the phone to verify some infos and finalized for membership, the lady I was speaking with asked me "would you like to apply for a credit card?", so I replied "well... I do have 2 new credit cards, not sure if I should or not", which she replied "we do have credit cards with low apr, and it comes with free fico score". I told her I'd think about it and she told me I could always reply on their website.

while I was setting up online account, out of curiosity I checked out credit card section, and what do I see? "Cards are issued by First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha"

I don't know, maybe it's sign from universe that I should apply a card there, but before I do, how's the FNBO? and what's my chance of being approved for the card? (since I got the preapproval letter and all). and the fico score they provide, is it legit? or FAKO?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: So... How is FNBO?

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so I was gonna enter gardening... but I feel like I'm being stalked by FNBO. Yesterday I got their preapproved letter for platinum edition visa card, which I shredded, and today I was going through my junk mail stash, and realized they sent me total of 9 pre-approval letters in last couple months.

today's the day I also opened up checking & saving at local credit union (techcu), and when I was on the phone to verify some infos and finalized for membership, the lady I was speaking with asked me "would you like to apply for a credit card?", so I replied "well... I do have 2 new credit cards, not sure if I should or not", which she replied "we do have credit cards with low apr, and it comes with free fico score". I told her I'd think about it and she told me I could always reply on their website.

while I was setting up online account, out of curiosity I checked out credit card section, and what do I see? "Cards are issued by First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha"

I don't know, maybe it's sign from universe that I should apply a card there, but before I do, how's the FNBO? and what's my chance of being approved for the card? (since I got the preapproval letter and all). and the fico score they provide, is it legit? or FAKO?

its an legit ex fico score from what i can recall. I don't know if i would apply for card if i were you tho. None of their cards really interest me , but again the cards i like are either reward or cash back cards. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

well since there's no annual fee, maybe I could just let it opened for EX fico score, since barclay & discover only provide for TU fico.

since they've been sending me 9 pre-approval letters, they must accept me, right? Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 42
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 42
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well since there's no annual fee, maybe I could just let it opened for EX fico score, since barclay & discover only provide for TU fico.

since they've been sending me 9 pre-approval letters, they must accept me, right? Smiley Tongue

well for me personally i don't know if that hp is worth just fico score :-) you can just pull ex 08 manually for 20 bucks whenever you need it. 

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

I believe their scores are EX FICO 08 Bankcard enhanced. 

https://www.firstnational.com/site/personal/credit-card/benefits/fico-score.fhtml

That probably would then be on a 250-900 scale.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/New-Way-to-See-Your-Experian-FICO-8-Bankcard-S...

is bankcard enhanced version different than what lenders use?

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well for me personally i don't know if that hp is worth just fico score :-) you can just pull ex 08 manually for 20 bucks whenever you need it. 

right now I have total of 4 hard pulls on my TU, and one is from Tmobile (stupid t-mobile!), is that bad?

Message 7 of 42
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

right now I have total of 4 hard pulls on my TU, and one is from Tmobile (stupid t-mobile!), is that bad?

well it depends on if you need to app for anymore cards. I definately have more TU hps then you do right now. But i haven't applied for anything since May. 

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well it depends on if you need to app for anymore cards. I definately have more TU hps then you do right now. But i haven't applied for anything since May. 

yeah, i really don't need another credit card if I get approved for this one last card, and really going to start gardening.

Message 9 of 42
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah, i really don't need another credit card if I get approved for this one last card, and really going to start gardening.

Well the thing is i would ask myself what uses would i have for this particular card. If you can't find any uses then i would pass on apping for it. 

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.