cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I finally got a credit score... (FAKO)

tag
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Re: So I finally got a credit score... (FAKO)

i guess my question is, do u guys think i have a good chance if i app with citi or discover? like above 70%?

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 21 of 32
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

app for both and double your chances lol

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 22 of 32
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I think you are borderline with either one.

You seem to really have the itch, sometimes you need to scratch it to find out where you really stand.

Really, so what if you are denied? You will at least know where you stand and can go from there. The one thing I know is that you need to get your own credit as soon as possible.

App for the Discover and if you are denied, try for a Walmart card. Walmart is really good with credit line increases and you will get a free monthly TU08 FICO score.

We can't guarantee approvals, only the CCCs can do that and they can't do that until you apply.

My true feelings on this is that it might be a long time for you to go from being an AU to a prime card. You can perhaps get there on your own faster once you get credit in your own name.

Where do you shop? What kind of other card could you use?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 23 of 32
2ndTimeAround2012
Valued Member

You should pull your EQ score from myfico first.

Your fako might be very off or who knows maybe close to the real thing.

Rebuilding Mode!
Message 24 of 32
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Okay....I'm going to try and help you out here.

I went back and read your forum history and I now have a few questions.

Are you a full time student?

Do you have a job?

What is your annual income?

Message 25 of 32
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

Okay....I'm going to try and help you out here.

I went back and read your forum history and I now have a few questions.

Are you a full time student?

Do you have a job?

What is your annual income?

Yes im a full time.

I have a part time job.
around 30k, 40k if u include my parents help

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 26 of 32
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Okay.

This is what I would reccomend and I know you don't want to hear it but:

Apply for a Cap1 Platinum standard card. You should be approved and now you will have credit in your name. You can and probably should close this card after about 2 years, its not the end of the world.

Apply for a Walmart card. Don't worry about a small starting credit limit, they are really good with CLIs. You get a free TU08 score when you sign up for electronic billing. Walmart is the largest corporation in the world and you will now have credit with them!

You can do this today and start builing your own credit, or lanquish as an AU on other peoples credit for many more months and even then you might not be approved for prime cards. Prime cards want to see history and you don't have any yet.

After YOUR 2 new cards report for 6 months you can apply for an AMEX Zync and get it.

This time next year you could apply for any prime card you want and get it.

Go for it! You can do this on your own!

The first step is always the hardest!

Message 27 of 32
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Here Is my opinion on the situation.

OP is asking for the best chances to get in with a prime card. He has gotten good advice on doing that, which is to hold off for a few months and see where he stands with a FICO score (Hereafter referred to as advice #1). He has also claimed he has an app itch, so other posters have suggested other routes to getting cards today (advice #2), which also seems to be good advice if the OP is careful not to add too many tradlines (2 max in my opinion).

Charleeislegend, think about what you want to work on the most. Both routes will get you those prime cards, but probably not for a few months.

If you take advice #2, I think your profile is good enough to get one or two of the identified "builder" cards. Those may not be the exact cards you want. You will have to let them age for a number of months before you are going to get those prime cards you want. Advice #1 will also force you to wait, but may not require you to add tradlines you don't want to your report.

Do what works for you. But advice #2 may add more low limit trade lines to your profile, so as a warning, try not to go too overboard with new accounts. Patience will be the key in your credit journey.

Good luck!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also try for a student card with a prime bank. I don't know a lot about them but you might have a better chance that way if you want one now.
Message 29 of 32
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys for all your advice. I decided to go for the discover IT since they usually pull TU and I only have one in there. If I don't get approved I'm just going to keep gardening for a couple more months and try again!
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.