cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got an offer from Barclays..............

Mega Contributor

So I got an offer from Barclays..............

A 9.99% APR BT promo through 5/1/2013:

 

- $10 fee or 4% whichever is greater on the BT

 

Anyone else recieve this type of offer?

 

It actually sounds like a good offer if I didnt have PSECU but they cant beat no-fee BT's @ 2.9%!

 

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............

Last BT offer I received from Barclay was 0% APR for 12 months, 1% fee... 


myFICO Starting Scores: TU 643 03.10.09 EX 676 01.09.09 EQ 638 05.24.09
Current Score: (WalMart FICO) TU 792 04.03.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EX 745 02.06.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EQ 771 02.06.13
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Mega Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............


slarano wrote:

Last BT offer I received from Barclay was 0% APR for 12 months, 1% fee... 


Well I would have bitten on that!!!! Smiley Very Happy

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............


LS2982 wrote:

A 9.99% APR BT promo through 5/1/2013:

 

- $10 fee or 4% whichever is greater on the BT

 

Anyone else recieve this type of offer?

 

It actually sounds like a good offer if I didnt have PSECU but they cant beat no-fee BT's @ 2.9%!

 

 


Seems like a bad deal to me, Chase Slate is currently offering 18 months no interest, and free BT's for the first 60 days. 

 

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/slate.aspx?CELL=6RRW&MSC=IQ49969662&jp_cmp=cc/03BrandedSl...

 

 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 10k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak/Freedom 4.6k, FNBO DISC 25.1k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 7.5k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5.9k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 9k, Discover IT 16k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 5/15/2017 Marcus Loan. 30k
Message 4 of 10
Mega Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............


jamesdwi wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

A 9.99% APR BT promo through 5/1/2013:

 

- $10 fee or 4% whichever is greater on the BT

 

Anyone else recieve this type of offer?

 

It actually sounds like a good offer if I didnt have PSECU but they cant beat no-fee BT's @ 2.9%!

 

 


Seems like a bad deal to me, Chase Slate is currently offering 18 months no interest, and free BT's for the first 60 days. 

 

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/slate.aspx?CELL=6RRW&MSC=IQ49969662&jp_cmp=cc/03BrandedSl...

 

 


My PSECU Visa is offering no fee BT's through 12/13 with 2.9 APR, I'm happy with that, do not need anymore new accounts.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............

Sorry to say but that is a pretty lame BT offer from Barclays. This is what's under my Citi BT offer,

 

* 1.99% APR on BT through 08/2013

* 0% APR BT AND purchases through 04/2013

 

$5 fee or 3% whichever is greater on the BT

Message 6 of 10
Mega Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............


trumpet-205 wrote:

Sorry to say but that is a pretty lame BT offer from Barclays. This is what's under my Citi BT offer,

 

* 1.99% APR on BT through 08/2013

* 0% APR BT AND purchases through 04/2013

 

$5 fee or 3% whichever is greater on the BT


Yes, I wasn't holding this Barclays offer up on a pedestal, I was seeing who has getten what offers from them Smiley Very Happy

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............

it sounds like they are sending out the same offer, but tweaking it for each member. I too received the offer, but it was for 0% for 12 months, ALONG with 0% on purchases made on the card, for the same length of time.

Message 8 of 10
Mega Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............


logan_720 wrote:

it sounds like they are sending out the same offer, but tweaking it for each member. I too received the offer, but it was for 0% for 12 months, ALONG with 0% on purchases made on the card, for the same length of time.


Guess i'm not a top tier consumer to them....................Smiley Sad

 

oh well!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: So I got an offer from Barclays..............


LS2982 wrote:

jamesdwi wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

A 9.99% APR BT promo through 5/1/2013:

 

- $10 fee or 4% whichever is greater on the BT

 

Anyone else recieve this type of offer?

 

It actually sounds like a good offer if I didnt have PSECU but they cant beat no-fee BT's @ 2.9%!

 

 


Seems like a bad deal to me, Chase Slate is currently offering 18 months no interest, and free BT's for the first 60 days. 

 

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/slate.aspx?CELL=6RRW&MSC=IQ49969662&jp_cmp=cc/03BrandedSl...

 

 


My PSECU Visa is offering no fee BT's through 12/13 with 2.9 APR, I'm happy with that, do not need anymore new accounts.

 


+1  Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 846
TU Fico 8 - 848
EX Fico 8 - 836
Message 10 of 10