Current 3B scores Dec 2016: EQ: 794 TU: 785 EX: 755
Mortgage scores Dec 2016: EQ: 744 TU: 748 EX: 743
2017 Goal: reduce debt and purchase first home
Total credit lines: 112K
Message 11 of 15
Moderator Emerita

Re: So I guess GECRB pulls Experian now

SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

Looks like THERE is a difference...namely this website does not list any retail/store cards I.e. Walmart, Penneys . Ashley furniture is listed here like the OP mentioned.  There definitely appears to be two different divisions that pull different CRA's.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 15
Established Contributor

09Lexie wrote:

SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

Looks like THERE is a difference...namely this website does not list any retail/store cards I.e. Walmart, Penneys . Ashley furniture is listed here like the OP mentioned.  There definitely appears to be two different divisions that pull different CRA's.  Smiley Frustrated

Exactly ! I was surprised to learn of it a few weeks ago, but I'm happy that I could share it for others to know there *is* a difference. But years ago, they used to have a visa/mastercard division & don't think it's still around.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 13 of 15
Valued Contributor

None of GEs furniture store cards are soft pulls. I learned my lesson when I requested an increase on my Living Spaces card to 8,500. I didn't even need the additional credit. I just asked b/c I could and they pulled TU report. I haven't even bothered to request a limit increase on Ashley b/c I simply don't need it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

maiden_girl wrote:

None of GEs furniture store cards are soft pulls. I learned my lesson when I requested an increase on my Living Spaces card to 8,500. I didn't even need the additional credit. I just asked b/c I could and they pulled TU report. I haven't even bothered to request a limit increase on Ashley b/c I simply don't need it.

thanks for letting me know. I just learned the hard way too. I thought it was like the other store cards. I just requested an increase for my American Signature card and it was a soft pull through Comenity aka WFNNB.

Current 3B scores Dec 2016: EQ: 794 TU: 785 EX: 755
Mortgage scores Dec 2016: EQ: 744 TU: 748 EX: 743
2017 Goal: reduce debt and purchase first home
Total credit lines: 112K
Message 15 of 15