Regular Contributor
cd2004

Re: So I guess GECRB pulls Experian now

Experian®Equifax®TransUnion®

Business NameGECRB  
Inquiry Date12/15/2012  
Business TypeSales Financing Company
Starting scores Jan 2011: EQ: 510(fico) TU:521(fico) EX?
June 2014 scores EQ08:683 TU08:667 EX:651(amex)
Goal: 700's

in my wallet:BarclayMR $7k/CareCredit $7k/DiscoverIT $6k/Ashley furn. $5k/Springstone $5k/Kanes furn $3.5k/Walmart $2.7k/Cap 1 Plat.$ 2.5k/JCP $2.5k/Chase freedom $1.7k/TJX $1.7k/Cap 1 cash $1.5k/Amex delta $1k/Victoria $950/Paypal $800
09Lexie

SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

Looks like THERE is a difference...namely this website does not list any retail/store cards I.e. Walmart, Penneys . Ashley furniture is listed here like the OP mentioned.  There definitely appears to be two different divisions that pull different CRA's.  :smileyfrustrated:

Regular Contributor
SisterGirl

09Lexie wrote:

SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

Looks like THERE is a difference...namely this website does not list any retail/store cards I.e. Walmart, Penneys . Ashley furniture is listed here like the OP mentioned.  There definitely appears to be two different divisions that pull different CRA's.  :smileyfrustrated:

Exactly ! I was surprised to learn of it a few weeks ago, but I'm happy that I could share it for others to know there *is* a difference. But years ago, they used to have a visa/mastercard division & don't think it's still around.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

None of GEs furniture store cards are soft pulls. I learned my lesson when I requested an increase on my Living Spaces card to 8,500. I didn't even need the additional credit. I just asked b/c I could and they pulled TU report. I haven't even bothered to request a limit increase on Ashley b/c I simply don't need it.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Regular Contributor
cd2004

maiden_girl wrote:

None of GEs furniture store cards are soft pulls. I learned my lesson when I requested an increase on my Living Spaces card to 8,500. I didn't even need the additional credit. I just asked b/c I could and they pulled TU report. I haven't even bothered to request a limit increase on Ashley b/c I simply don't need it.

thanks for letting me know. I just learned the hard way too. I thought it was like the other store cards. I just requested an increase for my American Signature card and it was a soft pull through Comenity aka WFNNB.

Starting scores Jan 2011: EQ: 510(fico) TU:521(fico) EX?
June 2014 scores EQ08:683 TU08:667 EX:651(amex)
Goal: 700's

in my wallet:BarclayMR $7k/CareCredit $7k/DiscoverIT $6k/Ashley furn. $5k/Springstone $5k/Kanes furn $3.5k/Walmart $2.7k/Cap 1 Plat.$ 2.5k/JCP $2.5k/Chase freedom $1.7k/TJX $1.7k/Cap 1 cash $1.5k/Amex delta $1k/Victoria $950/Paypal $800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}