Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I guess GECRB pulls Experian now

tag
cd2004
Regular Contributor

So I guess GECRB pulls Experian now

On Saturday I called to see if I could get an increase to my limit on my Ashley's Furniture card. I assumed it would be a soft pull just like all my other GECRB card when I request limit increase.....but I guess I was wrongSmiley Mad..I just got an alert from USAA CMS and I have a hard inquiry on Experian from GECRB. When I initially applied for this card back in September they pulled Transunion.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: So I guess GECRB pulls Experian now

Maybe it depends upon where you are geographically because I just got approved last month for two GECRB accounts and they each pulled TransUnion. They are for different stores (Walmart and JCP) but that's where the HP's showed up.

Is it possible that GECRB uses different reports for different store branded cards?

Message 2 of 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Oh no, this is not good! Which state do you live in? Maybe GECRB will pull depending on where you live now, instead of always TransUnion.

Message 3 of 15
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 4 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Isn't CreditKarma a TU site?

Message 5 of 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Isn't CreditKarma a TU site?

CK shows info from TU.

Message 6 of 15
cd2004
Regular Contributor

I live in fl and i have about 5 gecrb accts which i got this year and each one pulled transunion. I have tried for credit limit increases on all in the past 2 months and they have been SP's from transunion because they send me a letter when denied. I am really puzzled now.
Message 7 of 15
cd2004
Regular Contributor

@SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

but they pulled transunion when i got it 3 mths ago

Message 8 of 15
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@cd2004 wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

SisterGirl

but they pulled transunion when i got it 3 mths ago

Perhaps this is a new one all around. This is the first application where they pulled Experian for me ! But they've typically done TU on the other accounts.....and they didn't this time. I'm in Dallas,Texas & PC Richard is in tbe NE.....thought it was a strange one !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If this is for all GE cards it must have happened this week! I have requested CLI's on all my GE Cards last week and no alerts from Experian. I just checked my EXP report and no SP's. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.