Inquiry Date12/15/2012  
Business TypeSales Financing Company
Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: So I guess GECRB pulls Experian now

@SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

Looks like THERE is a difference...namely this website does not list any retail/store cards I.e. Walmart, Penneys . Ashley furniture is listed here like the OP mentioned.  There definitely appears to be two different divisions that pull different CRA's.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 15
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

Looks like THERE is a difference...namely this website does not list any retail/store cards I.e. Walmart, Penneys . Ashley furniture is listed here like the OP mentioned.  There definitely appears to be two different divisions that pull different CRA's.  Smiley Frustrated

Exactly ! I was surprised to learn of it a few weeks ago, but I'm happy that I could share it for others to know there *is* a difference. But years ago, they used to have a visa/mastercard division & don't think it's still around.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 13 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

None of GEs furniture store cards are soft pulls. I learned my lesson when I requested an increase on my Living Spaces card to 8,500. I didn't even need the additional credit. I just asked b/c I could and they pulled TU report. I haven't even bothered to request a limit increase on Ashley b/c I simply don't need it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 15
cd2004
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

None of GEs furniture store cards are soft pulls. I learned my lesson when I requested an increase on my Living Spaces card to 8,500. I didn't even need the additional credit. I just asked b/c I could and they pulled TU report. I haven't even bothered to request a limit increase on Ashley b/c I simply don't need it.

thanks for letting me know. I just learned the hard way too. I thought it was like the other store cards. I just requested an increase for my American Signature card and it was a soft pull through Comenity aka WFNNB.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.