Regular Contributor
Nmbr1ballr

So I have an idea and want some opinions

I am looking to buy a motorcycle in the next month or so.  I want a street bike and insurance on those and for myself run higher than other types of bikes.  So if I got a personal loan I would have to get full coverage which would double my insurance about.  According to BoA, I have until July to do a balance transfer or from what I am told, I can call them directly and ask them to put x amount of  money into my checking account out of my current CL which would be 0% until July then 9.99% (my current interest rate)

Would this be a smarter move then financing and getting a personal loan which would be about 12.99%, I would be looking for about $5,000 either way I went with it.  Just having full coverage on the bike is the thing that really makes me want to put the bike on my card.  But its also 3% cheaper per month in interest.  Is there anything I am not seeing here or would the CC idea be the wiser choice?

Score Watch: EQ 767 (6/30/09)
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: So I have an idea and want some opinions

wouldn't you want full coverage on a brand new bike?

and why personal loan, why not motorcycle financing at the dealerships, don't they have some special financing offer. 

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 671 GE, EX 695 NASA(09-24-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
Nmbr1ballr

Creditaddict wrote:

wouldn't you want full coverage on a brand new bike?

and why personal loan, why not motorcycle financing at the dealerships, don't they have some special financing offer. 

It wouldn't be a brand new bike, new bikes are like $10k.  I would want used as my first bike.  And I don't want full coverage because I don't have the greatest driving history and sport bikes are much more expensive to insure.  I was qouted as much as my car if not more for brand ne.  Financing at dealerships again, requires full coverage and they have low apr's but they last for about 2 years then the loans apr goes up.  And again, I wouldn't be buying new.  The one I did find is from a private seller, not a dealership

Regular Contributor
Locksley123

You should consider that BofA is trigger happy to increase APR. Which means you can bepotentialy stuck with much higher APR than 12.99%.
Regular Contributor
Nmbr1ballr

maks1806 wrote:
You should consider that BofA is trigger happy to increase APR. Which means you can bepotentialy stuck with much higher APR than 12.99%.

If that was ever to happen I could just get the personal loan and pay off the credit card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+