Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I'm a little impatient.

tag
Cageym
Established Contributor

So I'm a little impatient.

1. So I have to wait until the 26th for a a new report to the CRA from CapOne to show low util. But I know I should have 3 CC to show credit management, I decided to pull the trigger on Walmart.Besides, Walmart ships to APO/FPO.  I have one CC(the infamous CapOne $750 card) that shows at 91% but is really 0%. So we'll see. That will give me number 2 if they approve and I can get NFCU in a month or so. Can you recon Wally -world?

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: So I'm a little impatient.

Why not just wait?

You say it's 91% but it's really 0%. They won't see the 0%. They'll definitely see the 91%.

So why hurt your chances just because you can't wait two weeks?

You're essentially saying that you have just one card and it's maxed out.

Did you already actually apply?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Why are you even considering any option but waiting?!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Cageym wrote:
  1. So I have to wait until the 26th for a a new report to the CRA from CapOne to show low util. But I know I should have 3 CC to show credit management, I decided to pull the trigger on Walmart.Besides, Walmart ships to APO/FPO.  I have one CC(the infamous CapOne $750 card) that shows at 91% but is really 0%. So we'll see. That will give me number 2 if they approve and I can get NFCU in a month or so. Can you recon Wally -world?

You should wait.  Once it reports, I would app to both Walmart and NFCU

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 8
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@Cageym wrote:

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@Cageym wrote:

This!

All you'd be doing if you app'd with 91% util showing is basically guaranteeing a denial. 

Message 6 of 8
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

FWIW and a bit unrelated, when I was stationed in Japan from 2005-2008, I found wal-marts shipping to apo/fpo addys to be horrible. I only ordered from them twice and each time it took ~2 to 4 months to receive items (and both times were not during Xmas) . Of course, it's hard to saywhether it was wal-marts fault or the apo system that it took so long and it may be better now or better where you're at. But if you're having a hard time waiting 2 weeks to app just imagine waiting until spring to get the winter coat you ordered in October.  If you haven't ordered from them before, I'd suggest using the next couple of weeks to ask your shipmates about their experiences ordering with them. Applying for the card simply because it ships to apo/fpo may seem less appealing if you're going to have to wait months each time to receive your merchandise. YMMV and it may be better now/for you. Just my experience with them.

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my Cap 1 cards closes on the 26th.  It showed up on my CR on the 3rd (update dated 8/1).  You might have to add another week to your wait. Hang in there, it goes by fast and all of the pieces fall into place.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.