Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I'm crazy...

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

So I'm crazy...

I called TD Bank and they will not help me with anything until I get the letter in the mail. I had to pretty much go through hoops with BOA and they hung up several times so that was a waste of an application. I applied for American Express BLUE and got a $500 limit O.O but I guess that's better than anything? I am done applying for a while so it's time to garden At least I got my foot in the door with AE. 

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: So I'm crazy...

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I applied for American Express BLUE and got a $500 limit O.O but I guess that's better than anything?

Amex can actually go that low with their Blue cards? Wow.

I thought they only did that with the old Zync.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 51
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Stralem wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I applied for American Express BLUE and got a $500 limit O.O but I guess that's better than anything?

LOL...It's called desperate...or just plain I'll apply for everything now and see what I can get.  But yes, for folks whose profiles are deemed not as well-established, AMEX can go that low with CLs, almost like a OASIS/Recovery Optima.  On the upside, and if the account is elegible after 61 days, then the 3xCLI can still net $1,500.

Message 3 of 51
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I've read on past threads on here that they can. But with usage and time, it will grow to be a beautiful card. I am at least happy and appreciate that they gave me the time of day when BOA nor TD Bank wouldn't. Unless TD Bank changes their mind and approves of me, I'm done. So I've done 5 apps since the beginning of this year with 3 approvals and 2 denials.. boo yeah!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 51
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

LOL...It's called desperate...or just plain I'll apply for everything now and see what I can get.  But yes, for folks whose profiles are deemed not as well-established, AMEX can go that low with CLs, almost like a OASIS/Recovery Optima.  On the upside, and if the account is elegible after 61 days, then the 3xCLI can still net $1,500.

Only because TD Bank and BOA are being difficult. I'm happy with the things that I have.. now I definitely need to garden. 

Message 5 of 51
ptilda
Established Contributor

Amex is a good place to be. What were your scores & stats at the time?

congratulations on the impotant step!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 6 of 51
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Only because TD Bank and BOA are being difficult. I'm happy with the things that I have.. now I definitely need to garden. 

We've heard that before out of you Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 51
Stralem
Established Contributor

Color me surprised. I've seen lots of $2k approvals and the occasional $1k, but never one for $500.

But hey, an Amex is an Amex. Treasure it!

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 8 of 51
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

congrats on the Amex, at 61 days you could be at $1500 so that is good.... I think your what 4th denial with TD is a sign that you do NOT need them and they don't like what they see from you either so pick a different lender  to waste pulls on in the future... maybe you will actually end up with approvals from all the ones you choose in the future of this TD card you seem to want for some reason.

So where are you at now?:

Chase

Discover

Capital One - is your upgrade showing online that seems to keep disappearing with different reps or you still need to EO that for Quicksilver?

and now this Amex

Message 9 of 51
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

I feel like the ERT needs to monitor this one.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.