Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I'm crazy...

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: So I'm crazy...

I'm disappointed because the denials are not from the same type of companies that approved of me. "High end" companies approved of me.  And yes, history does take time.

Message 31 of 51
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

OP,

So it looks like you got the Freedom, Discover and Amex. Congrats!

I thought you had a good chance at those unlike some people here who are just too scared to try and go for what they want, whose default answers are garden garden garden for everything.

3 for 5 is not bad. Good luck in your future apps.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 32 of 51
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Chase, Discover and American Express.. I AM SO ELITE! Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 51
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

$500 on an AMEX? Wow....

If that's the case...just throw me a charge card with NPSL..

Hopefully it'll grow nicely this year..

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 34 of 51
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Chase, Discover and American Express.. I AM SO ELITE! Smiley Very Happy

LOL....yes, you are!  Smiley Wink 

I can only hope to catch up with you.....hoping for a Chase Freedom, CSP & Discover IT eventually myself......but probably not 'til later this year.  Congrats on all the great approvals! 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 35 of 51
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

$500 on an AMEX? Wow....

If that's the case...just throw me a charge card with NPSL..

Hopefully it'll grow nicely this year..

Thought AE would give me at least  $1,000.. but $500 works and it will grow eventually. It's a baby limit but the card itself isn't. All my cards became my friends lololol and did not expect the limits I got.

Message 36 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Yes $39 fee.

He's only had it for 5 months...I'm honestly suprised with all those INQs Amex approved you, lol. But grats!

Now here's hoping when they start softing you and they see all those new credit lines they don't AA you, lol.

But take the QS1 upgrade and worry about the fee later. The QS1 is only 29 AF anyways, so it's STILL an upgrade. Credit's a marathon, not a sprint..you have to take things slowly...

Ahem.. *she*  Smiley Tongue

And for 2014, in the new year spirit, I propose a ban on usage of :  "[...] a marathon, not a sprint"  (or at least require "****Warning: stupid cliche****") and also replace "Welcome to the X family" with "You are now a customer of the TooBigToFail MegaCorp X", which is more correct.

Right, got that off my chest....

Message 37 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I called TD Bank and they will not help me with anything until I get the letter in the mail. I had to pretty much go through hoops with BOA and they hung up several times so that was a waste of an application. I applied for American Express BLUE and got a $500 limit O.O but I guess that's better than anything? I am done applying for a while so it's time to garden At least I got my foot in the door with AE. 

Congratulations on the approvals, and, as others say, forget TD Bank for now.   The card is really of interest to manufactured spenders, not general users, as the good features last only 6 months.   So enjoy the cards you have got, despite all the gardening advice!

Message 38 of 51
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I called TD Bank and they will not help me with anything until I get the letter in the mail. I had to pretty much go through hoops with BOA and they hung up several times so that was a waste of an application. I applied for American Express BLUE and got a $500 limit O.O but I guess that's better than anything? I am done applying for a while so it's time to garden At least I got my foot in the door with AE. 

Congratulations on the approvals, and, as others say, forget TD Bank for now.   The card is really of interest to manufactured spenders, not general users, as the good features last only 6 months.   So enjoy the cards you have got, despite all the gardening advice!

+1

It looks like the TD card is Visa Signature and as far as I know, you need to be approved for a minimum of 5k CL to get a visa siggy so its probably a little harder than your other cards. In my case, I got my first visa siggy (Chase CS: instant approval) in about 4 months after my first 5k CL approval (PenFed Platinum). Perhaps you can get yours quicker but I doubt you can get it right now. Maybe go for something else or garden for the time being if you don't want anything else?

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 39 of 51
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Yes $39 fee.

He's only had it for 5 months...I'm honestly suprised with all those INQs Amex approved you, lol. But grats!

Now here's hoping when they start softing you and they see all those new credit lines they don't AA you, lol.

But take the QS1 upgrade and worry about the fee later. The QS1 is only 29 AF anyways, so it's STILL an upgrade. Credit's a marathon, not a sprint..you have to take things slowly...

Ahem.. *she*  Smiley Tongue

And for 2014, in the new year spirit, I propose a ban on usage of :  "[...] a marathon, not a sprint"  (or at least require "****Warning: stupid cliche****") and also replace "Welcome to the X family" with "You are now a customer of the TooBigToFail MegaCorp X", which is more correct.

Right, got that off my chest....

ROFLMAO!  Good one longtimelurker...

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.