Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I'm trying to figure out what credit card I should apply for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm trying to figure out what credit card I should apply for

I cut up my credit cards a long time ago and need to get a new one to rebuild my credit.  My score is 616 but Fico doesn't tell me if it's fair or poor so I can apply for the right card.  I applied for a Capital One card through another site before and got declined.  They state that 616 is not good but i don't know if that's fair or poor.  I don't want to waste time applying for a card I won't get.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So I'm trying to figure out what credit card I should apply for

wondering wrote:
I cut up my credit cards a long time ago and need to get a new one to rebuild my credit.  My score is 616 but Fico doesn't tell me if it's fair or poor so I can apply for the right card.  I applied for a Capital One card through another site before and got declined.  They state that 616 is not good but i don't know if that's fair or poor.  I don't want to waste time applying for a card I won't get.  Thanks.

Which cap one card did you apply for.  The limited credit one or the one that needs improvement?  Creditors are getting singier by the day.  You may want to stop by www.orchard.com or www.householdbank.com They do have annual fees from 39-79.00 but I am against those that have a 150.00 fee plus a maint fee plus an annual fee.

Message 2 of 5
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

Did you try looking at this board. It says scores are ranged from 300-850, so 616, is kind of low. Anything between 720-750 is ideal, but you also have three different companies reporting scores. So it depends on what your other scores are. If they're all the same, that's not great. I'm surprised you declined for a Cap card, since I appled with them for my first card and was approved.  See if you can find out what your other scores are.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click the "get a credit card" button it has the credit cards by categories of excellent, good, fair, and poor and I can't tell which one I fall into.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wondering wrote:
If you click the "get a credit card" button it has the credit cards by categories of excellent, good, fair, and poor and I can't tell which one I fall into.

Unfortunately 616 falls into the "poor" category. There are CCC who will work with you, but they most often are fee based cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.