Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I try to make a purchase at Abercrombie with my Gap VISA lol

tag
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: So I try to make a purchase at Abercrombie with my Gap VISA lol

That was too funny. Lol! Wow!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ì'd fault the training and not the person. Not everyone knows the difference between store cards and co-branded credit cards. Stores should train their front line employees on this. While the interaction is somewhat funny, I don't think we should be making fun of a store employee who was likely just not trained very well. 

Edit to clarify: Not referring to original post but some of the follow-up posts. 

I agree.  Co-branded credit cards aren't exactly shy about who the co-brand is, so you are much more likely first to see GAP or (Amazon or Hilton etc) before seeing the Visa/MC/Amex.

But a good story

Message 13 of 21
newstart2010
Blogger

OMG that happened to a friend of mine at an express!  We were there shopping, she checked out with her walmart co branded credit card.  They tried to tell her she grabbed the wrong card, she said "no, its a credit card, just run it."  The girl looked at us, ran it, and said "walmart must have bought us too.  They own everything. They really are evil"

We just stared at her and walked out silently. What do you say to that?

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Here's your sign"
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was not expecting this at all. I need to try this some time.

Message 16 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ì'd fault the training and not the person. Not everyone knows the difference between store cards and co-branded credit cards. Stores should train their front line employees on this. While the interaction is somewhat funny, I don't think we should be making fun of a store employee who was likely just not trained very well. 

Edit to clarify: Not referring to original post but some of the follow-up posts. 

on the bright side... OP just got him trained and it will not happen again Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Reminds me of my Discover card in Europe when the merchants tell me... "sorry we do not accept this card, and btw what kind of card is this?" ... just enter it and try it out!  I like when in disbelieve that it actually worked the cashiers turn the card around and inspect it ..."wow it actually worked and I have never seen such a card"  

I am doing secret pub for Discover Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

on the bright side... OP just got him trained and it will not happen again Smiley Happy

until someone goes in with a cobranded BP or shell card. "Dude we dont take gas cards"

Message 19 of 21
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

I take calls for a co-branded credit card for a bank.

This reminds me of customers trying to pay their credit card bill with their chase freedom - they usually are appalled and ask "dont you take visa???"

So the hammer swings both ways!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.