Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I was denied a secured card :(

tag
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Re: So I was denied a secured card :(

Ah, that is a tough situation.

Did you take other advice, such as trying a CU credit card?
Message 11 of 21
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Im looking into CU cards right now but alot of Texas CU's are shaddy to me but im going to try them out.
Message 12 of 21
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

I'd check out on here what good ones are, what ones people had better experience with.
Message 13 of 21
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

After investigating I found out that it was not a unsecured card but a secured card that I didnt have to put any money into the account.

Ok, now I am confused. How is this card "secured" if you never paid a deposit? It can't be secured by nothing. Either the CSR you spoke to is clueless, or BofA has really screwed up.

Message 14 of 21
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Im really confused about my card too. It shows up as just a Platinum Plus Visa. I never knew it was a secured card I didnt do a deposit of any kind. So I spoke to 5 different representatives from several departments and they all said it was secured. 2 reps said the card would unsecure sometime in August and the others said the card would never unsecure and I cant do a product change but invited me to get an actual secured card and put a deposit.

This entire situation sucks and I wish someone was actually informed about my account.

Message 15 of 21
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

You really need to call a backdoor # and speak to a superviser. Make sure to ram the point home that you never paid a deposit, how can it possibly be secured? Secured by what?

Failing that, say you want to close the account and you want your $500 back. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 21
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Do you have a checking or savings with BOA? Probably a 99/500
Message 17 of 21
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I do have a checking and savings account with them but it isnt the 99/500 offer no money was ever taken out of my account I never made a deposit of any kind and I just recently found out that it was secured. Im going to call the backdoor number tomorrow and see if anyone can explain this to me.

Message 18 of 21
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Could it be that they are using your savings account as security? They would take the money out ONLY in case of non-payment of the balance. 

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 04-08-2009 11:45 PM
Message 19 of 21
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I moved a majority of my savings to another account and now the savings account I have with Bofa has 200 in it so I dont think they are using that
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.