cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I went a little reckless last night.....

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

So I went a little reckless last night.....

I applied for a Apple Finance Visa (Barclacard) and was given the 7 to 10 days thing, and then later on I applied for Sears and it told me they will email me in 30 days with decision.

I just called for a recon on Barclays and they could not approve me because i do not have a FICO score and they guy said i should try again in 6 months. He was very nice though and said normally he would be able to go through my application and see if they could approve me. So maybe i will actually try again.

I don't know what i was thinking I just applied for the heck of it so i could have more available credit i guess. I don't know if i should recon Sears they will probably do the same thing.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: So I went a little recluse last night.....

Best of luck with your approvals. 

BTW - did you mean 'reckless' or did you go into hiding while apping?  Shades drawn tight, lights low, doors securely locked, furtive typing....

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 13
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: So I went a little reckless last night.....

@ficofox wrote:

BTW - did you mean 'reckless' or did you go into hiding while apping?  Shades drawn tight, lights low, doors securely locked, furtive typing....

LOL ya i ment reckless. and like my post says i called the backdoor for a recon on Barclays and they were not able to approve me at this time due to not having a FICO score yet.  So I am still waiting to hear back from Sears, unless anyone thinks their backdoor may work? I am thinking not. LOL now I think i will go in to hiding for a while... LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 13
adavis425
Established Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@ficofox wrote:

LOL ya i ment reckless. and like my post says i called the backdoor for a recon on Barclays and they were not able to approve me at this time due to not having a FICO score yet.  So I am still waiting to hear back from Sears, unless anyone thinks their backdoor may work? I am thinking not. LOL now I think i will go in to hiding for a while... LOL Smiley Very Happy

Worth a shot since you already have the inq. Why not? They can only say no, and they've already said that. Still, I wouldn't waste the HP. Good luck! Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

Looks like a more than sufficient roster of starter cards. Additional app and inq are most likely to be counter productive at this point. Soon will probably have a better shot at qualifying for cards with better terms and higher limits, when no AF approvals crop up down the road, begin to cancel the AF cards before the new AF becomes due.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 13
linux007969
Established Contributor

****Just an update***

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Sears and they declined me. Their reason was " Age of Credit Refferences" The reasons in the denail letters are getting interesting, as they are different now each time instead of like before they would all say "limited or no credit history". LOL Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@linux007969 wrote:

****Just an update***

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Sears and they declined me. Their reason was " Age of Credit Refferences" The reasons in the denail letters are getting interesting, as they are different now each time instead of like before they would all say "limited or no credit history". LOL Smiley Surprised

All of which says to me that the best thing you can do right now is to sit back and garden what you have. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

****Just an update***

All of which says to me that the best thing you can do right now is to sit back and garden what you have. Smiley Happy

+1 Agree!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 13
linux007969
Established Contributor

How long do you think before i should wait to apply for a AMEX ZYNC? also How long should I wait to apply for BarclaCard again?

Message 9 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@linux007969 wrote:

How long do you think before i should wait to apply for a AMEX ZYNC? also How long should I wait to apply for BarclaCard again?

I'd recommend waiting until your youngest account is at least a year old. So, I'd hold off until at least Feb 2013.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.