Established Member
mrsbagalot1222

~So In Shock but Appreciative and Happy with NFCU!!~

[ Edited ]

~So my husband (who is active duty army) joined NFCU a few months ago and I recently remembered and decided it would be a great time to open up a checking account with them and to hopefully one day get a credit product and auto loan with them down the road. I opened the account last night and made a small deposit until I get paid friday. I have been stalking the NFCU posts on here for months and after getting approved for the Military Star Card for a shocking $3600 I got a little gutsy this afternoon and decided to apply for the NFCU Cash Rewards Visa. I heard good things about the card and that it was good rebuilding card. I submittted my information and just knew I would be declined, get the 7-10 message or get a secured card offer, but low and behold less than 30 seconds later I'm staring at this message in my face! My husband was so happy for me and I almost shed a tear because it has been a rough 3 years for my credit profile.

approval

I am still in utter shock so much so that I called them up to confirm and low and behold it was true!! I am so grateful to finally have a big girl card! If I need an emergency flight I no longer have to worry about trying to split two cards because of such low limits. I finally have an emergency card in case something arises with my family! I think my star card getting a high limit really helped push them to give me $5,000 starting out limit.

My baddies were quite a bit: Bloomingdales charged off but paid in full, Macy's charged off currently paying them, about 4 inquiries on each report, first premier charged off currently paying them, chase amazon (now closed) two 30 day lates 5 years ago and a medical bill in collections.

My goodies: Orchard, Capital one (now closed), sallie mae loans, Victorias Secret, Military Star, Jared (Now closed) Two current scores: 612 and 620.

I am very grateful and cannot wait to nurture this card and hopefuly see it grow. I am truly rebuilding and gardening now. This forum has given me much valuable advice and I am truly grateful!

So here is my current credit profile: Orchard Bank/Now Capital One: $300 still & Had since 2009

Victorias Secret Angel Card Upgraded to V.I.P $250 Opened June 6/12

Military Star Card $3600 Opened last month 7/12

Applied Bank $500 Opened last month 7/12

Credit One: $400 Opened this month 8/12

NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $5,000 Opened today 8/12

P.S- How are they with CLI for this card? Thank You!

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Valued Contributor
jsickz32

Re: ~So In Shock but Appreciative and Happy with NFCU!!~

congrats! treat them good and they will do the same. id say wait at least 6 months to ask for a cli. if you use your card right and have low or 0 utl on that card when asking they might double your cl but it will be a hard pull. again congrats!!

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Regular Contributor
beautybrainsbooty

that's awesome and a great CL!!!! For those of us who start with the less than 1K credit lines, its a shocker to see a CL that large. I plan to app with them within the week. I am so excited to get with Navy Fed. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :smileywink:

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

Congrats I'm very happy for you after reading your post. It makes me happy reading that a credit union I am a member of has affected your emotions in a positive way just by being loyal to their meMbers. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Established Member
mrsbagalot1222

Thank you all so much for the kind words!! Today was a great day!:heart:

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Valued Member
LOC

impressive!!! Congratulations!!!

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 780

Contributor
A_Madel

Congrats! They are truly a great CU!

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Super Contributor
CS800

Great CL , congrats !! I know the feeling of the first big CL. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+