Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

~So In Shock but Appreciative and Happy with NFCU!!~

tag
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

~So In Shock but Appreciative and Happy with NFCU!!~

~So my husband (who is active duty army) joined NFCU a few months ago and I recently remembered and decided it would be a great time to open up a checking account with them and to hopefully one day get a credit product and auto loan with them down the road. I opened the account last night and made a small deposit until I get paid friday. I have been stalking the NFCU posts on here for months and after getting approved for the Military Star Card for a shocking $3600 I got a little gutsy this afternoon and decided to apply for the NFCU Cash Rewards Visa. I heard good things about the card and that it was good rebuilding card. I submittted my information and just knew I would be declined, get the 7-10 message or get a secured card offer, but low and behold less than 30 seconds later I'm staring at this message in my face! My husband was so happy for me and I almost shed a tear because it has been a rough 3 years for my credit profile.

approval

I am still in utter shock so much so that I called them up to confirm and low and behold it was true!! I am so grateful to finally have a big girl card! If I need an emergency flight I no longer have to worry about trying to split two cards because of such low limits. I finally have an emergency card in case something arises with my family! I think my star card getting a high limit really helped push them to give me $5,000 starting out limit.

My baddies were quite a bit: Bloomingdales charged off but paid in full, Macy's charged off currently paying them, about 4 inquiries on each report, first premier charged off currently paying them, chase amazon (now closed) two 30 day lates 5 years ago and a medical bill in collections.

My goodies: Orchard, Capital one (now closed), sallie mae loans, Victorias Secret, Military Star, Jared (Now closed) Two current scores: 612 and 620.

I am very grateful and cannot wait to nurture this card and hopefuly see it grow. I am truly rebuilding and gardening now. This forum has given me much valuable advice and I am truly grateful!

So here is my current credit profile: Orchard Bank/Now Capital One: $300 still & Had since 2009

Victorias Secret Angel Card Upgraded to V.I.P $250 Opened June 6/12

Military Star Card $3600 Opened last month 7/12

Applied Bank $500 Opened last month 7/12

Credit One: $400 Opened this month 8/12

NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $5,000 Opened today 8/12

P.S- How are they with CLI for this card? Thank You!

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: ~So In Shock but Appreciative and Happy with NFCU!!~

congrats! treat them good and they will do the same. id say wait at least 6 months to ask for a cli. if you use your card right and have low or 0 utl on that card when asking they might double your cl but it will be a hard pull. again congrats!!

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 8
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

that's awesome and a great CL!!!! For those of us who start with the less than 1K credit lines, its a shocker to see a CL that large. I plan to app with them within the week. I am so excited to get with Navy Fed. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 3 of 8
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Congrats I'm very happy for you after reading your post. It makes me happy reading that a credit union I am a member of has affected your emotions in a positive way just by being loyal to their meMbers. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 8
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

Thank you all so much for the kind words!! Today was a great day!Heart

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 5 of 8
LOC
Contributor

impressive!!! Congratulations!!!

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 6 of 8
A_Madel
Contributor

Congrats! They are truly a great CU!

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 7 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

Great CL , congrats !! I know the feeling of the first big CL. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.