cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So.. It's been an year since I have learned of myfico...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So.. It's been an year since I have learned of myfico...

Hello everyone, I wanted to just share a little story I have of a journey I have started exactly an year ago in regards to my credit history.

To start off, I was a very irresponsible young man who never cared for credit. Although I have had rough years as I have been on my own since I was 18 and trying to juggle full time job and school was not an easy task. This has left me with numerous debts as well as virtually nothing to build credit with.

February of 2012 is when I first found out about this site and it was a wake up call for me. Although I always said to myself that I would need to start building my credit and fixing what was done to it, I just did not simply know where to begin. Since reading many posts every night, it gave me a starting point. I learned to how to remove baddies off of my credit report and how to rebuild my credit. My fico at that time was 560.

After paying off all of my debts on February of 2012, I applied for capital one secure card with a limit of $500. 6 months later I have applied for another capital one but an unsecured card with another limit of $500. At the same time, cap1 cli my secured card to $600 lol... I though to myself "omg! I did something right!" And applied for discover more card.

Discover did not approve me right away but after learning that I can recon, they approved me for a limit of $1500. This was a big accomplishment for me I thought and at the same time I have applied to Amex zync card since why not get in to Amex's good side as well.

So within 6 months of my journey, I had a total credit limit of $3100. This felt so good as I all of a sudden needed to get a car for my job (my salary went up to $70k for that year) and decided to make it a goal of being approved for a car in 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013.

Fast forward to February 2013, I now have fico score of 677, waiting for my 6th statement to hit for my discover card and hope that they will cli me and cap1 unsecured card is now at $2500 limit. I now have no baddies on my report, and all payments are on time never late and paying full or leaving 9-15% balance each month and salary increased to 75k.

I apologize for any typos or grammar mistakes in advanced. Typing on iPhone sucks for me haha but I want to thank everyone for each one of threads and posts that contributed to this site for giving me a path to my journey.

I hope to apply for an auto loan early April and see if they will approve me for 20k loan for a new car! Thank you myfico and all of its members and moderators for keeping up such an awesome forum!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Re: So.. It's been an year since I have learned of myfico...

So awesome! Keep posting your journey! I love reading these stories! Nice work!!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

117 increase over 12months is impressive, way to go!

Message 3 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 16
eviLution
Established Contributor

Congrats on your success!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice work!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 16
lithium78
Established Contributor

Good work!  I started at 566 a few years back myself.  It takes a lot of hard work and perseverence, but it is all worth it.  :-)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 16
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Information properly used can be a life changer.  In this case, good credit gives you choices and opportunity.  Feels good, doesn't it?

Message 8 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Nice work!  Be sure to shop around for the best deals Smiley Happy and check out the auto forum for some good advice Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 16
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Incredible! You should feel good. What a great accomplishment, and now buying a car too! Best of luck to you.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.