cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So.. It's been an year since I have learned of myfico...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: So.. It's been an year since I have learned of myfico...

Very nice work!!  Way to go!!  Keep giving us the rest of the journey as it serves to motivate others coming behind your successes.

On the car loan side:  Like others have said, shop around for the best rate if you can.  When we got my wife's Fiat Pop (yes one of those) I hand carried her three bureau report from that morning into the dealership.  I told the Sales manager guy (I typically wont deal with a salesman and insist on speaking directly to whomever is able to actually provide numbers) that I had just run her credit that morning and would be happy to let the finance person take a peek but we would not sign a credit app until and unless they agreed that if it looked like what I had, we would receive the "Tier 1" deal they advertise.

He didn't like it but he agreed. 

They ran her score and it was actually higher than the one I had in hand due to their own algorithim helping us and not them (HAHA).

I could tell that they wanted to try to raise the interest but with no score to back up such an increase, they were forced to honor their advertised deal of 179 per month on a 42 month lease with 15K per year and 1K down.  (We added an auto transmission because stick in los angeles sucks)

My point is go in with your hard work in your hand and tell them you know full well what is on your reports.  Don't get BS'd by them and remember...there are LOTS of dealers out there in this economy who would love to see someone like you who pays on time and is actively working to improve their situation.

Good luck in the future. You are doing great!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 11 of 16
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your accomplishments!!! This forum is a wonderful place to gain useful knowledge about credit!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 12 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone, I wanted to just share a little story I have of a journey I have started exactly an year ago in regards to my credit history.

To start off, I was a very irresponsible young man who never cared for credit. Although I have had rough years as I have been on my own since I was 18 and trying to juggle full time job and school was not an easy task. This has left me with numerous debts as well as virtually nothing to build credit with.

February of 2012 is when I first found out about this site and it was a wake up call for me. Although I always said to myself that I would need to start building my credit and fixing what was done to it, I just did not simply know where to begin. Since reading many posts every night, it gave me a starting point. I learned to how to remove baddies off of my credit report and how to rebuild my credit. My fico at that time was 560.

After paying off all of my debts on February of 2012, I applied for capital one secure card with a limit of $500. 6 months later I have applied for another capital one but an unsecured card with another limit of $500. At the same time, cap1 cli my secured card to $600 lol... I though to myself "omg! I did something right!" And applied for discover more card.

Discover did not approve me right away but after learning that I can recon, they approved me for a limit of $1500. This was a big accomplishment for me I thought and at the same time I have applied to Amex zync card since why not get in to Amex's good side as well.

So within 6 months of my journey, I had a total credit limit of $3100. This felt so good as I all of a sudden needed to get a car for my job (my salary went up to $70k for that year) and decided to make it a goal of being approved for a car in 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013.

Fast forward to February 2013, I now have fico score of 677, waiting for my 6th statement to hit for my discover card and hope that they will cli me and cap1 unsecured card is now at $2500 limit. I now have no baddies on my report, and all payments are on time never late and paying full or leaving 9-15% balance each month and salary increased to 75k.

I apologize for any typos or grammar mistakes in advanced. Typing on iPhone sucks for me haha but I want to thank everyone for each one of threads and posts that contributed to this site for giving me a path to my journey.

I hope to apply for an auto loan early April and see if they will approve me for 20k loan for a new car! Thank you myfico and all of its members and moderators for keeping up such an awesome forum!

Very nice work!! Keep it up!! Smiley Happy

Shouldn't have a problem getting that auto loan!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 16
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Congrats man! I am not a stranger to the 500's myself. Keep up the good work...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I really am motivated and honestly the fact that I do see improvement it really shows that it can be done.

My journey may not be the most exceptional one nor perhaps the most successful one but I hope that this has also inspired others as it did to me.
Message 15 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Great job, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.