Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Loving Discover Right Now - Check This Out

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

So Loving Discover Right Now - Check This Out

So I'm on my account page today online and it showed up that I needed to sign up for the next quarter bonus program. I then received the email. Here is what is says:

Thank you for participating in our 5% Cashback Bonus* program. We just wanted to remind you how easy it is to make your money worth More. 

Just use your card at gas stations, museums and movies from January 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012 and get 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in these purchases. Remember, all your other purchases will earn up to 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus automatically.

So they are matching Chase Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My new favorite card!!!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: So Loving Discover Right Now - Check This Out

I'm happy with the increase but wish they jacked it up a bit more to outshine Chase, maybe $2000? A cashback war would be fun Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: So Loving Discover Right Now - Check This Out

I agree this is awesome, but I plan to only use my Discover for the 5% categories since they only offer 0.25% on everyday purchases before you hit the $3,000 spending threshold. I plan to keep using my Freedom for their 5% categories (that don't overlap or match with Discover) and my everyday purchases (so I can get the 1% on everything).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.