Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Nationwide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Nationwide

So I switched Auto insurance companies to Nationwide on my SUV and car....so what the heck just applied online for a card....got a plethora of ID questions and at the end just I would hear from them in 7-10 days?? Sorry I know alots been written about this card, but anyone had 24 questions and then leading to 7-10 days...my FICO TU is 737 EQ 757 no badies...TU has no INQ.....UTL is 5 percent....are they just weird with underwriting? Thanks guys

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

@Anonymous wrote:

So I switched Auto insurance companies to Nationwide on my SUV and car....so what the heck just applied online for a card....got a plethora of ID questions and at the end just I would hear from them in 7-10 days?? Sorry I know alots been written about this card, but anyone had 24 questions and then leading to 7-10 days...my FICO TU is 737 EQ 757 no badies...TU has no INQ.....UTL is 5 percent....are they just weird with underwriting? Thanks guys

Weird with underwriting. They do it manually.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yippe so you thinnk I stand a chance?? How long usually does it take, i dont wanna call rather just get the letter then recon if denied

Message 3 of 27
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You could get a quick decision or it can drag out for weeks. I got mine in about 14 business days but others have waited longer and sometimes declined. They cannot be figured out.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I am regretting it, some people posted on here had my same scores and were declined, others had 2 baddies and 690 and got 10k....ahhh but I have never been asked so many questions for ID not to get an answer?? They already had run my social...or does everyone get the questions

Message 5 of 27
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

I didn't apply for this card yet. But I think that they like people with high util so they will transfer their balances to them. I am just guessing though. I think I read that someone had 9% util and was denied bc they weren't using any credit.

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhh see I was at 3-4% When they pulled TU only with a Mid 700 Fico 737 or 740 with AAoA at 4-5 Years, and no baddies and I only have 4 cards, One is a Bloomingdales Visa so sort of a store card, and then my Barclays, Lexus Visa Signature, and Nordstrom Visa....1 inq on my TU for my cell phone which will go away in 90 days! Total AVAIL-40K and I thought I was a shoe in! Guess not...Because I have 2 Store Like Visa cards, I know I have went off and said NO AMEX, I wonder if I should, FAKO EX Today was 800 and UTL was 2 percent....and had accounts listed older....which should i apply for? Deff want a charge card either the Premier Gold or Platinum just because of the travel, any suggestions with my FAKO, AAoA and UTL 

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So anyone think i have a shot wit the Nationwide, the INQ wont show if I bite the bullet and apply for 2 AMEX cards, I just dont know which ones, Anyone have any suggestions, I know for sure the Premier Gold Charge/Platinum but also want a Revolving for the mix....Any suggestions, I like the Starwoods...thanks guys

Message 8 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

Store branded major credit cards are not 'store like'' as far as fico is concerned.

Any card with a visa/mc/amex/discover logo is a major cc period.

IME Nationwide doesn't love evidence that you may app and then not be profitable, for eg. inactive open accts.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welll that was rather odd, I was approved just got in about 30 minutes ago so see a package from Nationwide, approved weird they never called. Anyway rep i spoke with was sweet they gave me 15,000k but at TIER 2...oh well dont carry balances, seems good so far.....so apparently they are giving again!! I dont remember though when the hype on the boards was high if the card looked the same, mine is a Silverish blue one very pretty! lol, anyway They pulled TU 740 at the time...UTL 4 percent...and I asked why they never called or asked for verification she said the computer was down when i applied at 11 pm haha and it would have been an AUTO Approval....well they have good car incurance and so far good CSR!!! Glad I got it, anyone else recently app for it, and for those of you who got it way  back when, I think its great they did 15k but tier 2 APR will they adjust that?? Also didnt want to ask her how fast until I get a CLI....lol thanks good luck to anyone who applys also!!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.