Valued Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

What is tier 2? Interest rate difference? My card is plain Jane gray :smileysad:

Valued Member

0% APR for 6 months, then 12.9% not 7.8 Like most!!!! oh well not gonna carry

Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

USF12 wrote:

0% APR for 6 months, then 12.9% not 7.8 Like most!!!! oh well not gonna carry

The rates people received were all over the board.  Granted several reported receiving the lowest rate in the main NW thread here but most people do not receive the lowest rate, only certain candidates who are eligible based on the criteria they use, overall less than about 1/3 of those that apply.
Since PIF there's plenty of time to seek a reduction if you want, and won't pay any interest in the meantime, wouldn't sweat it.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor

FTR back when we were approved the tier 2 rate was either 9.24 or 11.24.  Tier 1= 7.24.  IIRC.

Yeah, we got the plain jane cards that they issued at that time.

MrShush wrote:

What is tier 2? Interest rate difference? My card is plain Jane gray :smileysad:

FICOS:
Valued Contributor

score_building wrote:

FTR back when we were approved the tier 2 rate was either 9.24 or 11.24.  Tier 1= 7.24.  IIRC.

MrShush wrote:

I'll take my 7.24% over a shiny card any day :smileywink:

Senior Contributor

MrShush wrote:

score_building wrote:

MrShush wrote:

I'll take my 7.24% over a shiny card any day :smileywink:

:smileyvery-happy:

FICOS:
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can anyone tell me if Nationwide is BK friendly?

Valued Contributor

ewingerter wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Nationwide is BK friendly?

I don't think they are but who knows. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Depends on the underwriter.

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

USF12 wrote:

So I switched Auto insurance companies to Nationwide on my SUV and car....so what the heck just applied online for a card....got a plethora of ID questions and at the end just I would hear from them in 7-10 days?? Sorry I know alots been written about this card, but anyone had 24 questions and then leading to 7-10 days...my FICO TU is 737 EQ 757 no badies...TU has no INQ.....UTL is 5 percent....are they just weird with underwriting? Thanks guys

I can't imagine that with your score and no baddies and low util  and having your insurance with them that you wouldnt be approved instantly!!!!!  Edited: Glad tos ee you DID get approved after all!!  Didnt read posts carefully enough before I posted!!

After reading other posts about Nationwide on this forum, I decided to give it a shot because of the BT possibility.

TU is 694, no inqs and 1 paid state tax lien ($508) due to drop off April 2011.  15 yrs  acct history  w/ AAoA   4 yrs.    Current utilization is 35% (up considerably due to home repairs; am diligently paying down!).

Got instant approval,  with msg that I'd receive card in 7-10 days.  Didn't give any CL or APR info.

I  hope seeing a new TL doesnt make any other accounts  twitchy.   Last new acct is NFCU  Platinum which turns 1 yr old in next month.

FICOS: TU 732(7-18-14) EQ '08 734( 7-23-14) EX 727 (7-23-14)

Regular Contributor

Did you get approved? and what was the credit limit?

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.