cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Nationwide

Valued Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

What is tier 2? Interest rate difference? My card is plain Jane gray Smiley Sad

Valued Member

Re: So Nationwide

0% APR for 6 months, then 12.9% not 7.8 Like most!!!! oh well not gonna carry

Senior Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

 


USF12 wrote:

0% APR for 6 months, then 12.9% not 7.8 Like most!!!! oh well not gonna carry


The rates people received were all over the board.  Granted several reported receiving the lowest rate in the main NW thread here but most people do not receive the lowest rate, only certain candidates who are eligible based on the criteria they use, overall less than about 1/3 of those that apply.
Since PIF there's plenty of time to seek a reduction if you want, and won't pay any interest in the meantime, wouldn't sweat it.

 

 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Senior Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

FTR back when we were approved the tier 2 rate was either 9.24 or 11.24.  Tier 1= 7.24.  IIRC.

Yeah, we got the plain jane cards that they issued at that time.

 


MrShush wrote:

What is tier 2? Interest rate difference? My card is plain Jane gray Smiley Sad


 

 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Valued Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

 


score_building wrote:

FTR back when we were approved the tier 2 rate was either 9.24 or 11.24.  Tier 1= 7.24.  IIRC.

Yeah, we got the plain jane cards that they issued at that time.

 


MrShush wrote:

What is tier 2? Interest rate difference? My card is plain Jane gray Smiley Sad


 

 


I'll take my 7.24% over a shiny card any day Smiley Wink

 

Senior Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

 


MrShush wrote:

 


score_building wrote:

FTR back when we were approved the tier 2 rate was either 9.24 or 11.24.  Tier 1= 7.24.  IIRC.

Yeah, we got the plain jane cards that they issued at that time.

 


MrShush wrote:

What is tier 2? Interest rate difference? My card is plain Jane gray Smiley Sad


 

 


I'll take my 7.24% over a shiny card any day Smiley Wink

 


Smiley Very Happy

 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Regular Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

Can anyone tell me if Nationwide is BK friendly?

Valued Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

 


ewingerter wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Nationwide is BK friendly?


I don't think they are but who knows. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Depends on the underwriter.

 

Established Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

 


USF12 wrote:

So I switched Auto insurance companies to Nationwide on my SUV and car....so what the heck just applied online for a card....got a plethora of ID questions and at the end just I would hear from them in 7-10 days?? Sorry I know alots been written about this card, but anyone had 24 questions and then leading to 7-10 days...my FICO TU is 737 EQ 757 no badies...TU has no INQ.....UTL is 5 percent....are they just weird with underwriting? Thanks guys


 

I can't imagine that with your score and no baddies and low util  and having your insurance with them that you wouldnt be approved instantly!!!!!  Edited: Glad tos ee you DID get approved after all!!  Didnt read posts carefully enough before I posted!!

 

After reading other posts about Nationwide on this forum, I decided to give it a shot because of the BT possibility.

 

TU is 694, no inqs and 1 paid state tax lien ($508) due to drop off April 2011.  15 yrs  acct history  w/ AAoA   4 yrs.    Current utilization is 35% (up considerably due to home repairs; am diligently paying down!).

 

Got instant approval,  with msg that I'd receive card in 7-10 days.  Didn't give any CL or APR info.

 

 I  hope seeing a new TL doesnt make any other accounts  twitchy.   Last new acct is NFCU  Platinum which turns 1 yr old in next month.

 

 

 

 

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Regular Contributor

Re: So Nationwide

Did you get approved? and what was the credit limit?