cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Proud of My Brother! Plus He's Going For Amazon Store Card!

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

So Proud of My Brother! Plus He's Going For Amazon Store Card!

Since my brother and I are in the process of ordering mother's day gifts, and since he's a frequent shopper on amazon with the hopes of looking for a new computer and adding equipment to his photography/videography business, him and I had a good talk about the amazon store card. Since he, and I quote "doesn't care much about reward points at this point in his life" (keep in mind I shuttered internally as he said this), but "likes the ability to pay over time on purchases with 0% interest if I ever need to, yanno for like a new computer or for a new lens or camera."

I nodded, and agreed that if there is no other store card he really is striving for (tried to get him to lean toward Commenity but he tends not to shop in one particular store, just whatever catches his fancy...fair enough!), then it would be a great card to add to his portfolio that will grow with him because of the GE backing. Also it'll be his first store card. So far his line-up is:

AU on my Shell Drive for Five card, $800 limit, Aug 2011

Capital One Journey, $750 limit, Nov. 2011

Discover Open Road, $5250 limit (hasn't reported quite yet to the bureaus though, so it's reporting as $5000), June 2012

Barclay's Giants NFL Rewards Card, $1800, Nov 2012
3 Nelnet Student Loan Accounts, one for $5500, one for $4,087, and one for $2413, all deferred and paid as agreed

No lates, baddies, BK ever.

Signed him up for scorewatch, and he's at 722 for EQ! Since his reports are the same, should be pretty good on TU as well. His CK is 704. Overall utilization 1%

We're about to check out for amazon now, so i'll post an update within the next like 5-10 minutes!

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: So Proud of My Brother! Plus He's Going For Amazon Store Card!

good luck

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 49
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Alrighty!! Good Luck!

I predict an approval of at least $2500 on the Chase Amazon Smiley Wink!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 49
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Alrighty!! Good Luck!

He actually wanted to go the GE Amazon Store card route! I'm sure if he did Chase he could've gotten a higher approval, but he got the GE one for $2200! Not too shabby for an instant approval from GE!

Message 4 of 49
Ron1
Super Contributor

Good luck!!! 

Ron.

Message 5 of 49
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Alrighty!! Good Luck!

I've had the card for years. I only got $2500 cl.

Ron.

Message 6 of 49
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Alrighty!! Good Luck!

He actually wanted to go the GE Amazon Store card route! I'm sure if he did Chase he could've gotten a higher approval, but he got the GE one for $2200! Not too shabby for an instant approval from GE!

Well I was almost right on the money!  Absolutey GE is better in the long run for CLI than Chase.  Congrats to your brother!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 49
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!!

Ron.

Message 8 of 49
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Alrighty!! Good Luck!

Well I was almost right on the money!  Absolutey GE is better in the long run for CLI than Chase.  Congrats to your brother!

Thanks nicholas, ron, and rhaeny! I'm very happy to see my brother on the right track. Sometimes I feel like he's better than me...although he's not a rewards junky like I am that makes me put all my purchases through my CCs (seriously. I don't recall the last time i've ever used my debit card except to take out money from the ATM), he's good in the fact that he'll put a moderately big purchase on a CC and pay it off, or when there's no big purchases around, simply uses his cards for gas purchases and virtually everything else goes on his debit card.

His utilization has been phenomenal using that strategy, so kudos to him!

Age is on my side compared to him Smiley Tongue otherwise I feel like him and I could really go toe-to-toe! Haha!

Message 9 of 49
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.