cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, Since I was approved on the 2nd for gold skymiles, I apped last night for the BCE....

tag
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: So, Sine I was approved on the 2nd for gold skymiles, I apped last night for the BCE....

@Swapmeet wrote:

Who, I don't know what happened on the quote Newportguy, but thanks. Is it an automated line that transfers if you need to talk to a rep? I ask because it is after hours now.

Sure ,you can call now....and yes its automated line that will transfer you if needed

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 11 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: So, Sine I was approved on the 2nd for gold skymiles, I apped last night for the BCE....

I called the number at was put through to a CSR, who asked me very few questions and put me on hold for several minutes before coming back and saying that she was unable to get the status. LOL while I was typing this AMEX called me back to tell me that she is sure it is getting approved, but someone needs to talk to me still, probably to verify identity or read me a disclaimer or something. Then she gave me a different phone number to call and gave me my reference number again to be sure that I had it. This is weird right?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 25
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

I called the number at was put through to a CSR, who asked me very few questions and put me on hold for several minutes before coming back and saying that she was unable to get the status. LOL while I was typing this AMEX called me back to tell me that she is sure it is getting approved, but someone needs to talk to me still, probably to verify identity or read me a disclaimer or something. Then she gave me a different phone number to call and gave me my reference number again to be sure that I had it. This is weird right?

Just wait till in the morning and call back. Like she said your more and likey approved.  Nothing weird, sometimes it takes a lil more time

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 13 of 25
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Re: So, Since I was approved on the 2nd for gold skymiles, I apped last night for the BCE....

Quit being so impatient pardner. Take a chill pill and wait til Mornin.

Message 14 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: So, Since I was approved on the 2nd for gold skymiles, I apped last night for the BCE....

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:
Quit being so impatient pardner. Take a chill pill and wait til Mornin.

Are you serious with this? I hope not. I was not being impatient at all. They say to call for an instant decision -- and again, I am not riled up in any way so do not tell me to take "a chill pill". I am obviously going to wait until morning, because I wouldn't have another option -- as I mentioned in my post. I was simply stating that the situation that I explained seemed odd. Are you just trying to get your post count up or something?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 15 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I called in this morning and she was right. It was approved. The initial credit limit is only 1,000. I understand that one can only request the 3x cli on one card after 61 days, is this correct? So I would wait 61 days, then ask for 3x cli on my BCE, then have to wait 6 months to ask for a cli on either the Delta skymiles or BCE? Then another 6 months for a cli on the other card? Does this sound right?

My Wallet:
Message 16 of 25
chnceit
Valued Contributor

^^^^Congrats Swapmeet!! This is correct. 61days then 6 months for a CLI across all cards.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 17 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Thanks bro, to clarify, I can only get one cli with amex, per 6 months. So it would be better to ignore the delta this year and get my 3x to 3k on the bce after 61 days, then to 9k in 6 mos.... in the spirit of efficiency?

My Wallet:
Message 18 of 25
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Yes this is correct. But you should show some usage on your Delta Smiley Happy There is no real 6 month guide on how much you can request so YMMV

Remember to keep your overall UTI low for the next few months to maximize your chances. But use the heck out of the BCE and pay before the statement cuts. IMO

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 19 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the advice chnceit, it validates my plan -- which is to spend the 600 bucks on delta to get my 30k miles, and everything else goes through the BCE. I will not let a balance report on either Amex card. I will simply let a <1% balance report on my USAA Platinum MC. Once I qualify for the 30k miles I will only use the Delta for travel -- which I don't do really often, but several times /year. I feel like I can consider myself in primeville now...

My Wallet:
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.