Did you mean: 

So Stingy of You, Discover

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: So Stingy of You, Discover

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Used to be?? After a whole year of dealing with the BuyPower WEMC at a $600 i haven't even managed to be able to get them to budge for ANY cli even after taking a HP! And this is thru their EO Dept. I would close this card down in a heartbeat (and maybe i still will) if not for the AAoA assist it provides, and nothing else. What's a guy to do with a World Elite MC at 600.

You could charge lounge access at the airport! At $32 (what it costs at Miami International) you would only have 5.3% Utilization! Now go have a good time!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

SMELLS LIKE SOCKS = Crap1 BuyAStickOfGum WEMC card and DiscoverCup

Cap1 & Discover are by far the worse in my lineup and they take great pains to maintain that standing Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Used to be?? After a whole year of dealing with the BuyPower WEMC at a $600 i haven't even managed to be able to get them to budge for ANY cli even after taking a HP! And this is thru their EO Dept. I would close this card down in a heartbeat (and maybe i still will) if not for the AAoA assist it provides, and nothing else. What's a guy to do with a World Elite MC at 600.

You could charge lounge access at the airport! At $32 (what it costs at Miami International) you would only have 5.3% Utilization! Now go have a good time!

Cap1 & Discover are by far the worse in my lineup and they take great pains to maintain that standing Smiley Very Happy

That made me laugh so hard my shoulder holster started coming loose. Damn you.

Message 42 of 49
Involver
Valued Contributor

I have no positive things to say about Discover other than that they provide a free TU 08 which is worth a no-AF SD card with once monthly small purchases.

Message 43 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

I have no positive things to say about Discover other than that they provide a free TU 08 which is worth a no-AF SD card with once monthly small purchases.

I dunno...

When they whip out the earn extra cashback offers and additional 0% interest periods, I feel a little special.

We've taken advantage of the $3,000 for 5 mos for $500 CB offer once, and the $1,500 for 5 mos for $250 CB offer 2 times, We've also had 3 0% periods during the life of the card (Mar of 2011) Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 49
Involver
Valued Contributor

Well I can say that if they did offer those sorts of cash back bonuses that I would definitely start to use the card.

Message 45 of 49
IWOL
Established Contributor

Discover is certainly strange when it comes to CL. Ive seen people with 1/3 of my income and same scores, similar profile etc with double or even triple my credit line.

I had around a 670 TU when I opened my Discover card in Nov of 2013.

My TU Score is now at 761. They recently upped my limit from $4K to $4500.

Ive spent $21,131.99 in 11 months of having the card and earned $500 cash back. I have mostly PIF every month even though Im still on a 0% promo.

My average CL is now around $12K and have 5 cards over $20K.

Ive pretty much stopped using the card now becuase the limit is too low and I prefer to earn travel points over cashback.

Maybe they will give me a decent auto increase after months of little use.

Message 46 of 49
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy It feels so much better to get that off my chest finally.

Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL wrote:

Discover is certainly strange when it comes to CL. Ive seen people with 1/3 of my income and same scores, similar profile etc with double or even triple my credit line.

I had around a 670 TU when I opened my Discover card in Nov of 2013.

My TU Score is now at 761. They recently upped my limit from $4K to $4500.

Ive spent $21,131.99 in 11 months of having the card and earned $500 cash back. I have mostly PIF every month even though Im still on a 0% promo.

My average CL is now around $12K and have 5 cards over $20K.

Ive pretty much stopped using the card now becuase the limit is too low and I prefer to earn travel points over cashback.

Maybe they will give me a decent auto increase after months of little use.

Not bad for a year. our total's been $64,532 over the last 3 1/2yrs and $2,104 Cashback earned (Card started out as a Discover More....0.25% for first $3,000 Smiley Frustrated)

Message 48 of 49
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy It feels so much better to get that off my chest finally.

To keep your Cap1 card open, just buy some cheap stamps so you'll spend even less to maintain it. Smiley Tongue

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.