Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So about this Jetblue card..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So about this Jetblue card..

I am very torn of which card, if any to apply for.

I don't like the idea of having an annual fee card that high, namely if it wont match the high limit cards I already have.

On the other hand, I do full jetblue at least twice a year. So which card should I really get?

Isn't the whole point of these cards to get the best rewards you can get? So 99 fee card would give free checked bags for you and 3 other people. Now is that per flight? or is it a one time deal?

Even if I flied twice a year round trip, it basically pays for itself with free checked bag fees. There will be times I will probably fly more than that also.

So if people actually fly Jetblue twice a year, why in the world would'nt you get the plus card with the 99 fee? Esp if you have a family.

Not to mention those 30,000 points buy you at least one round trip ticket for free. If I fly to florida, the cheapest points are usually 8000-10000 points.

The 5000 yearly bonus points is basically around 60-70 bucks towards a flight..

6 points per dollar spent at jetblue, ON TOP of the 3 points you will already get booking online. So its like 9 points per dollar. You make back that annual fee so quick

I am truly debating the no annual fee vs annual fee, and annual fee is really making sense...

I dont know

UPDATE: Applied and Approved for the 99 AF card

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So about this Jetblue card..

realistically you need to do the math yourself with spend vs redemption for you. it's impossible for anyone else to do that for you. if you get the non AF then you are stuck with that a year before upgrading.

also don't worry if someone "matches a limit"... it shouldn't be about limits. some of my most valuable cards have joke limits.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that is true. I can't get certain answers, not even from Jetblue.

As in, Can I add someone to the card? They didn't have that answer lol. They did not even know you get the 3 companions free until I told them where to go on the website lol

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I applied for the world master card plus card with the 99 fee and was approved for 4000. 

You were right. Its not a card that I need a high limit on, its strictly for flights.

So in that case, its good and the rewards and points are worth the fee in my opinon. Being I only use this airline, and other family members do too. I'll book all there tickets and get the points lol.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol good idea. congrats on approval btw

Message 5 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

I got the World version ebfore I knew there was WEMC version. For me it would have been worth the WEMC AF for the checked bags alone pretty quickly. Later (maybe 12 months) I may convert it to the WEMC. I just booked a cruise for $2100 about a month ago. So if I run it thru my new JetB card plus book the airfare thru them as well....should be sitting pretty with the 3x benefits......the WEMC would have been 6x

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but don't forget. You get another 3 points per dollar just for booking at JetBlue. So in total you will get 6 points per point. Even more if you get even more space.

I wish they pointed it out on the application. So with the WEMC, you get 6 plus another 3 per dollar.

Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least that's what JetBlue and card services told me after I applied lol Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 27
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am very torn of which card, if any to apply for.

I don't like the idea of having an annual fee card that high, namely if it wont match the high limit cards I already have.

On the other hand, I do full jetblue at least twice a year. So which card should I really get?

Isn't the whole point of these cards to get the best rewards you can get? So 99 fee card would give free checked bags for you and 3 other people. Now is that per flight? or is it a one time deal?

Even if I flied twice a year round trip, it basically pays for itself with free checked bag fees. There will be times I will probably fly more than that also.

So if people actually fly Jetblue twice a year, why in the world would'nt you get the plus card with the 99 fee? Esp if you have a family.

Not to mention those 30,000 points buy you at least one round trip ticket for free. If I fly to florida, the cheapest points are usually 8000-10000 points.

The 5000 yearly bonus points is basically around 60-70 bucks towards a flight..

6 points per dollar spent at jetblue, ON TOP of the 3 points you will already get booking online. So its like 9 points per dollar. You make back that annual fee so quick

I am truly debating the no annual fee vs annual fee, and annual fee is really making sense...

I dont know

UPDATE: Applied and Approved for the 99 AF card

I think you made the right call Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes but don't forget. You get another 3 points per dollar just for booking at JetBlue. So in total you will get 6 points per point. Even more if you get even more space.

I wish they pointed it out on the application. So with the WEMC, you get 6 plus another 3 per dollar.

Smiley Happy

Exactly! I didnt see that until my approval. If I want the 6x then I wait it out a few months and ask to be converted to the JetBlue +. DO NOT apply for a second JetBlue card to get the WEMC if you already have the WMC, they decline the application without processing it.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.