Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So about this Jetblue card..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So about this Jetblue card..

Well in a way, you are getting 6x right now if you include the jetblue online booking points ;]

Message 11 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

If you fly Jeblue a few times per year, it's worth it, in my view.

With a 5K bonus every anniversary and with 6X points (I assume from the CC itself), buying a few tickets per year should equal the $99 fee.  Anything in addition along with the perks would be a surplus, such as 2X in restaurants and associated Airline perks.

At min 1.4 cpp with potential MR transfer bonuses and 20% discount redemptions, it's an excellent card.  I'd get the 30K bonuses (personal and bus) just to redeem a Mint closed suite fight from SFO - JFK.  

Message 12 of 27
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I applied for the world master card plus card with the 99 fee and was approved for 4000. 

You were right. Its not a card that I need a high limit on, its strictly for flights.

So in that case, its good and the rewards and points are worth the fee in my opinon. Being I only use this airline, and other family members do too. I'll book all there tickets and get the points lol.

Congratulations on getting the card.

For clarification, if you do not have a Jet Blue credit card, but are a Jet Blue FF Account holder, and you book Jet Blue flights on line, are you saying you get 3 JB points for that on line purchase?

And regarding this, no, one of the main advantages with a co-branded card is you can use it for regular spend when you need to round up points to reach some 10,000 or 25,000 threshhold when you are short miles or points from just using the brand. The 2 points per dollar on certain types of spend, you'll want to keep that in the back of your mind when it comes time to build more JB points.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understanding its like this

When you have a true blue account at jetblue.com, you receive 3 points per dollar on flights with BLUE. With BLUE PLUS, its 4 points per dollar, with BLUE FLEX its 5 points per dollar.

So, I was told that you still get those points ON TOP of what you get for having the jetblue master card.

So for example, if you book a normal blue flight online, and use your JB card, you will receive either 6 points for the NON annual fee card, or 9 points per dollar on the annual fee card. That goes even higher if you book with plus or flex

Booking a jetblue getaway gives you 6 points per dollar booking online, on top of your 3 or 6 you get from the cards.

That is why you can rack up some serious points with this card

And yes, you are correct, when I go on vacation I am gunna put it all on this card and get the points ( of course I will pay it off in full because of the pretty bad APR I received )

Now this is all based on what I was told my the rep at barclays, jetblue, and by like one or two other websites that had reviews. 

Message 14 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Booking a jetblue getaway gives you 6 points per dollar booking online, on top of your 3 or 6 you get from the cards.

This is my understanding too, though I've yet to confirm it.  Much better than Comenity's false advertising of 8 points per VX purchase, which is nothing more than 3 from the CC and 5 from an Elevate account.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I applied for the world master card plus card with the 99 fee and was approved for 4000. 

You were right. Its not a card that I need a high limit on, its strictly for flights.

So in that case, its good and the rewards and points are worth the fee in my opinon. Being I only use this airline, and other family members do too. I'll book all there tickets and get the points lol.

Congrats on your approval!

Message 16 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you have a true blue account at jetblue.com, you receive 3 points per dollar on flights with BLUE. With BLUE PLUS, its 4 points per dollar, with BLUE FLEX its 5 points per dollar.

So, I was told that you still get those points ON TOP of what you get for having the jetblue master card.

So for example, if you book a normal blue flight online, and use your JB card, you will receive either 6 points for the NON annual fee card, or 9 points per dollar on the annual fee card. That goes even higher if you book with plus or flex

And yes, you are correct, when I go on vacation I am gunna put it all on this card and get the points ( of course I will pay it off in full because of the pretty bad APR I received )

Now this is all based on what I was told my the rep at barclays, jetblue, and by like one or two other websites that had reviews. 

Trying to find this is in my paperwork somewhere. I figured you just got either the 3 or 6 points straight out.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I applied a day ago and it has already shown up on my credit report. Barclays works quick huh. Never had them before. 

Message 18 of 27
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I'm thoroughly confused now. Let me take a run at explaining what I think I see in the research:

1) As a member of True Blue, I can earn 3 points per dollar when I buy a Jet Blue ticket, regardless of where I buy it and regardless what CC I use to buy it. Baseline 3 points, right?

2) If I book this ticket on the Jet Blue site, I get an additional 3 points, regardless of how I pay for it, so 6 points total for booking through Jet Blue.

3) I'll leave out the variations on seat type. It makes my head hurt.

4) If I use the new no AF Jet Blue Barclays card, I will earn another 3 points when buying a Jet Blue flight. So if purchasing a JB flight through the JB website, this counts up 9 points by using the Barclays card, right?

5) If I use the new AF Barclays Jet Blue card, I will earn 6 points on top of the base, so if booking through the JB Website, I get 12 JB points on that purchase?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I messed this post up. Sorry
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.