Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So about this Jetblue card..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So about this Jetblue card..

So let me fix this completely now. After checking out everything at the JETBLUE site, this is what I come up with.

If you book a flight on Jetblue.com and have a true blue account, you will receive 6 points per dollar. 

If you book a flight with Jetblue, not using Jetblue.com and have a true blue account you get 3 points per dollar.

If you book a flight on Jetblue.com, have a true blue account, and have a NO AF Jetblue card, you get 9 points per dollar if you buy BLUE FARE. 10 points per dollar if you buy BLUE PLUS, 11 points per dollar if you buy BLUE FLEX.

If you book a flight on Jetblue.com, have a true blue account, and have an AF Jetblue card, you get 12 points per dollar if you buy BLUE FARE. 13 points per dollar if you buy BLUE PLUS, 14 points per follar if you buy BLUE FLEX.

Finally lol. 

Message 21 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From my understanding its like this

When you have a true blue account at jetblue.com, you receive 3 points per dollar on flights with BLUE. With BLUE PLUS, its 4 points per dollar, with BLUE FLEX its 5 points per dollar.

So, I was told that you still get those points ON TOP of what you get for having the jetblue master card.

So for example, if you book a normal blue flight online, and use your JB card, you will receive either 6 points for the NON annual fee card, or 9 points per dollar on the annual fee card. That goes even higher if you book with plus or flex

Booking a jetblue getaway gives you 6 points per dollar booking online, on top of your 3 or 6 you get from the cards.

That is why you can rack up some serious points with this card

And yes, you are correct, when I go on vacation I am gunna put it all on this card and get the points ( of course I will pay it off in full because of the pretty bad APR I received )

Now this is all based on what I was told my the rep at barclays, jetblue, and by like one or two other websites that had reviews. 

Ok, I'm thoroughly confused now. Let me take a run at explaining what I think I see in the research:

1) As a member of True Blue, I can earn 3 points per dollar when I buy a Jet Blue ticket, regardless of where I buy it and regardless what CC I use to buy it. Baseline 3 points, right?

2) If I book this ticket on the Jet Blue site, I get an additional 3 points, regardless of how I pay for it, so 6 points total for booking through Jet Blue.

3) I'll leave out the variations on seat type. It makes my head hurt.

4) If I use the new no AF Jet Blue Barclays card, I will earn another 3 points when buying a Jet Blue flight. So if purchasing a JB flight through the JB website, this counts up 9 points by using the Barclays card, right?

5) If I use the new AF Barclays Jet Blue card, I will earn 6 points on top of the base, so if booking through the JB Website, I get 12 JB points on that purchase?

Here's my understanding:

1.  3 Points from being a True blue - howerver it's paid for, unless it's with miles.

2.  6 Points from the $99 card, and 3 points from the no-fee one.

I didn't realize you'd get an extra 3 just for using the JetBlue site. 

*Edited*  Posted before reading NYC85's post!

Message 22 of 27
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you book a flight on Jetblue.com, have a true blue account, and have an AF Jetblue card, you get 12 points per dollar if you buy BLUE FARE. 13 points per dollar if you buy BLUE PLUS, 14 points per follar if you buy BLUE FLEX.

Wow!  That's 16.8% cpp equivalent. 

Makes me want to fly JetBlue on the transcon routes!  Example of a partnerships's bonus that may drive more of my Airfare expenditures to the cobranded partner. 

Message 23 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

From the JetBlue website:

Terms & Conditions
1Members will earn three (3) points per dollar spent on any individual flight operated by JetBlue. If those JetBlue operated flights are booked directly on jetblue.com, members can earn bonus points depending on the fare option selected as follows: members who have purchased a Blue fare can earn an extra three (3) bonus points per dollar for a total of six (6) points per dollar, members who have purchased a Blue Plus fare can earn an extra four (4) bonus points per dollar for a total of seven (7) points per dollar and members who have purchased a Blue Flex fare can earn an extra five (5) bonus points per dollar for a total of eight (8) points per dollar. Members who have purchased a Mint fare can earn an extra three (3) bonus points per dollar for a total of six (6) points per dollar, if those JetBlue operated flights are booked directly on jetblue.com. TrueBlue Mosaic members will earn an additional three (3) TrueBlue points per dollar spent. Points will be earned on the base fare of the flight only. Points will not be earned on government taxes/fees or other fees or charges (e.g., travel insurance, change/cancel fees, etc.). All TrueBlue points are subject to the TrueBlue program Terms and Conditions.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to give an update. My card came today and its actually very beautiful in person.

I called to ask when the annual fee is due, and when my statement dates are gonna be.

The woman told me the annual fee isnt due until March 2017. On the anniversary date I was approved for the card..

Thats a first for me. That would pretty nice actually. Well see in april when I get my first statement if its really not there.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any information on Jet Blue Credit Line increases. How long before I can request an increase?? I'm rebuilding and want as much credit as possible. I always keep utilization very low.

Message 26 of 27
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

It probably is the same as other Barclays cards
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.