cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, am I a giant n00b, or is this a new thing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, am I a giant n00b, or is this a new thing?

So, I did not realize that to process a reallocation, you had to provide income and they had to review your file...

Last time I spoke to a rep about a request of this nature, they said it would take no time at all, and they could process it immediately. Didn't ask me any questions about income or anything... Well, I was on chat today with a rep from Amex, because I decided I was going to move CL over from BlueCash to my Everyday, to make it a 10k limit. And, she starts asking me all these questions like I was applying for a new card or a CLI or something... Then, she tells me this request will take 7-10 days to process. What?! All I wanted to do was move around the credit that I had already been given! Sheesh... Smiley Frustrated

-_- I'm so confused.

How does a credit reallocation typically go for you guys? Share your experiences! I'm curious.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: So, am I a giant n00b, or is this a new thing?

With Citi, they ask the same info they would ask on a CLI and I think it was a HP. Processed the next day. With BofA I applied for a card, got denied, then called the recon and asked if I could move some of the limit from my other BofA card to open it. They gladly did it with no additional info and I got my new card and it took about 2 days. I know Citi won't do that same thing, they'll only move a CL to an already opened account. Darn
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I did not realize that to process a reallocation, you had to provide income and they had to review your file...

Last time I spoke to a rep about a request of this nature, they said it would take no time at all, and they could process it immediately. Didn't ask me any questions about income or anything... Well, I was on chat today with a rep from Amex, because I decided I was going to move CL over from BlueCash to my Everyday, to make it a 10k limit. And, she starts asking me all these questions like I was applying for a new card or a CLI or something... Then, she tells me this request will take 7-10 days to process. What?! All I wanted to do was move around the credit that I had already been given! Sheesh... Smiley Frustrated

-_- I'm so confused.

How does a credit reallocation typically go for you guys? Share your experiences! I'm curious.

Sounds like they're cracking down probably due to abuse of their lax policies

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two accounts with American Express; A BlueCash and an  EveryDay. BC has an 8,900 limit. And, the ED has a 3k limit. I like the ED a lot better than the BC. So, today I decided to move a large portion of the CL over to the ED from the BC. I have good scores. I make about 55k. I don't see why it had to be so convoluted. Ha.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two accounts with American Express; A BlueCash and an  EveryDay. BC has an 8,900 limit. And, the ED has a 3k limit. I like the ED a lot better than the BC. So, today I decided to move a large portion of the CL over to the ED from the BC. I have good scores. I make about 55k. I don't see why it had to be so convoluted. Ha.

Yeah that does suck. I don't have any experience with this BUT IM SURE NIXON DOES, if he'll just get in here already. It might be because you're moving so much over ($7k)?

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the age of both accounts?
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good thought... maybe... is 7k a lot fo reallocate?

I mean, still... Amex gave me the total amount of credit, regardless of where it's at. And, it's not like I'm planning on trying to increase my limit on the BC. In fact, I want to close it after the reallocation processes. Ha. CC companies are such sillybillies sometimes.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What is the age of both accounts?

^^^^^^^^^ Nixon has arrived

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both are approximately 1 year old. My anniversary is May 17th, apparently. Rep told me today.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah that does suck. I don't have any experience with this BUT IM SURE NIXON DOES, if he'll just get in here already. It might be because you're moving so much over ($7k)?

Lol. I wonder if there is a SuperNixon alert line that let's him know that we need help. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.