Pi! Smiley Happy lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 11 of 15
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Re: So apparently 3X is Amex's limit on CLI

or really confuse them and ask for 3.1415927 and ask them if they want some pie Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 15
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

lol ditto

Message 13 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

Open123 & enharu: Exactly! I knew the 3X CLI was a guidance, but I don't recall anybody saying there was an official limit on CLI, nor anybody saying they got more than a 3X, so I decided to test it out. I thought it'd be helpful to know Amex's policy regarding this.

negg: that was my 2nd 3X with them.

score_building: Thanks!

djc1puno: yep!

Jon Stur: figured I'd have nothing to lose anyway

scenery_guy: I suspect I'd have to tell them the exact CL I want. Next time I'll request a CLI to a random number just to confuse them lol

chrisw1968uk: my next CLI eligible date will be close to pi day actually. May double dip on the pie joke next year Smiley LOL

LS2982: Amex EO ... interesting idea. Anybody got more success out of this approach than from the traditional approach? 

Message 14 of 15
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

yeah, others can do higher

I asked for a 6x increase on my chase sapphire preferred and got a 4.5x increase

it had nothing to do with the multiple, the underwriter didn't know I already had a credit card in the range of the 6x increase, and only gave me the 4.5x increase because other credit cards were reporting in that $ amount range

had nothing to do with the multiple. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.