Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So ashamed and devastated

tag
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: So ashamed and devastated

Really sorry this happened to you.  You did nothing wrong. It shouldn't hurt your credit report since it doesn't sound like its over 30 days late. Have you tried calling Amex?  I would keep calling them till I spoke with someone in their executive office.  Then at least you know you've tried everything.  Best of luck.

Message 11 of 82
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

That really sucks.  I'd punt that bank and take my money elsewheres.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 12 of 82
kese
New Contributor

I know it is a difficult situation. Please keep calling AMEX and the CU and never give up to explain your case. I am sure once they realize where the mistake lies they should reinstate your cards.

But please keep calling them and ask for seniour managers and i am sure you will get cards back.

Good luck

Starting Score: 598
Current Score: Trans union fico 713 (myfico 11/1/2012), EQ fico 671, exp 666 by AMEX
Goal Score: 720 across

In my wallet: GE/walmart at $10500, 2 capital ones at $750 each, Elan financial at $400, Amex BCP-$1000, AMEX Gold Delta at $2500, Discover more at $6,000 and Chase freedom at $3000

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 82
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear.

You don't need to be or feel ashamed as it was not your fault. You need to contact the CU and Amex because it was not your fault. And the two companies need to right this for you.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch that does not sound good at all, sorry to hear that! How long did you have the American Express accounts for? Why would they ask for FR and then close, was your FR different than your stated application amount? I hate those two letters when talking about American Express, but atleast you still have two really good cards with really good limits, did you end up paying the bill in full? I do not think you need to be ashamed or devasted worst things in life happen, and this will be a small glitch for you soon to pass but I think I understand what you mean.

Message 15 of 82
LesWH
Established Contributor

If there was ever a situation that demands getting the executives at Amex involved, this is it. You did nothing wrong. This wasn't a situation that was in your control. Use the vast amount of collective knowledge from the members of this site to reach someone who can help you. Good luck!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 16 of 82
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow, so sorry to hear. I agree with others that you should attempt to escalate it, after all it was not your fault and the CU has admitted to the error.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 17 of 82
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree completely... call amex again and escalate!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 82
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I agree with others, keep calling AMEX executive offices.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 82
sgs10
Regular Contributor

+1  Do email to executives or CEO. This may help you get some fair look on the issue. Good luck

Message 20 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.