Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So ashamed and devastated

tag
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Re: So ashamed and devastated

+1 For the comments Mod.

Its really frustrating to see people making hard conclusions and scolding the OP.

First of all everyone  makes mistakes. There is no harm in trusting other people in your life, One poster was telling that he almost charged 6000$ in his/her debit card ,seriously!!!!! Most of the debit cards are capped heavily for transactions. Either his/ her is a business account or he is dealing with a crappy fraud protection system. There is a very fine between scolding and Criticism. I think some of the posters went overboard with their so called criticism. 

Message 71 of 82
HappySoda
Valued Member

Well people who know finance and fraud better than you (AMEX) closed your card and there's a 99% chance you'll never have a card with them again. So you can hoo and haa about how people don't know you and have no right to say anything about you but the fact is that you'll still not have an AMEX.

And let me ask you this? If it was "no fault of yours" then why feel ashamed? The telltale sign is in the title of your post. You're ashamed because you know deep down this could have all been avoided. I'm done with this thread and I think I'll go apply for an AMEX tonight. My scores are in the 740's and I pay my bills on time so I'm sure I'll be approved.

Message 72 of 82
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Keep in mind AMEX charges $25 to reopen an account, should they decide to reopen it.

Really?? Thats kind of a low blow considering the circumstances of the situation.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 73 of 82
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@HappySoda wrote:

Well people who know finance and fraud better than you (AMEX) closed your card and there's a 99% chance you'll never have a card with them again. So you can hoo and haa about how people don't know you and have no right to say anything about you but the fact is that you'll still not have an AMEX.

And let me ask you this? If it was "no fault of yours" then why feel ashamed? The telltale sign is in the title of your post. You're ashamed because you know deep down this could have all been avoided. I'm done with this thread and I think I'll go apply for an AMEX tonight. My scores are in the 740's and I pay my bills on time so I'm sure I'll be approved.

Was there a real reason to say all of that??

You said your peace in earlier posts, no need to go further with it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 74 of 82
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@HappySoda wrote:

As per the Terms of Service for these forums, the following is not allowed:

"Attacks, including 'Flaming' another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict"

I believe that we have reached that point. Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated on these forums. While it is perfectly fine to disagree with a poster, it must be done in a manner that is respectful. The above post was both mean-spirited and unhelpful. If there are any other posts that include personal attacks, this thread will be locked pending moderator review. Let's not have it come to that, please.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 75 of 82
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@HappySoda wrote:

Was there a real reason to say all of that??

You said your peace in earlier posts, no need to go further with it.

+1

HappySoda ...with those types of comments you don’t belong on this board.. This is a place for encouragement.. Knowledge and above all.. Respect. As many of us here have said before.. When a person posts a problem we should be putting our heads together to find a resolution! You have not helped one bit.. you have only contributed to the problem.. I wish the OP all the luck in the world and I hope they can solve this problem with amex so that they can keep their good credit and good name with Amex..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 76 of 82
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Also, as much as it stinks to do so i think this thread should be locked and a new one started.. one that only offers help for the OP.. not one that is full of goofy mumbo jumbo that doesnt contribute to solving the issue at hand

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 77 of 82
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@HappySoda wrote:

Keepin' it classy, huh, HS?

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 78 of 82
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Keep in mind AMEX charges $25 to reopen an account, should they decide to reopen it.

Really?? Thats kind of a low blow considering the circumstances of the situation.

It is printed on the back of T&C.

Message 79 of 82
FrugalRican
Blogger

@HappySoda wrote:

I'm done with this thread and I think I'll go apply for an AMEX tonight. My scores are in the 740's and I pay my bills on time so I'm sure I'll be approved.

Not sure if serious.
More like Grumpeh Soda.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.