Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So can I hit the LUV button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So can I hit the LUV button

I opened a walmart credit card Aug2008 got 700$...I bought something for the first time with it for 300$ in Oct..Last payment on that item was Jan09......Is that enough time with it to get a Cli when push the luv button...Does this time period of waiting start with from the time I opened up the account, or from the time I first used it?????????

And whats the highest cli Anyone heres ever recieved from Walmart charge card....

If I where to push it would that be a hard inq??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: So can I hit the LUV button

Every 4 months.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that every 4 months from usage or every 4 months from the date I opened it????? And is it a hard pull????
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is a soft pull.............
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is that every 4 months from usage or every 4 months from the date I opened it????? And is it a hard pull????

4 months of payment history so if you have made a payment in the past 4 months every month you should be good. GE i think likes to see allot of usage also. You've had the card almost six month go ahead an hit the button it's only a soft pull.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO I hit it and it said I would go up 100$...700-800...

But what if i dont submit request,,,,will it be higher if i wait another month and push?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead an accepted the 100$ increase,,,,but dang are there cli always that LOW
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SO I hit it and it said I would go up 100$...700-800...

But what if i dont submit request,,,,will it be higher if i wait another month and push?

If you don't hit submit then you want get the increase. GE is not that big on huge CLI when i received my first CLI last month for Wal-Mart they only gave me $100 increase so that sounds about right.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I went ahead an accepted the 100$ increase,,,,but dang are there cli always that LOW

Yes most likely that's all your gonna get every 4 months. If you read some of the old threads on this board thats all people have gotten.
Message 9 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Use it or lose it. Hit the button every four months to the day. Normally you will get 100-125 each time. It's just a store card. I have one solely for the credit mix. If I find something I want that exceeds 10% of the credit limit I just use another card. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.