Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So far I got $223 cash back from BofA

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: So far I got $223 cash back from BofA

Spending simply for rewards points is silly. I think of rewards like buying something that's 5% 10% off & I don't buy stuff just because it's on sale. That'd be my ex MIL buying cart full of clothes she cant wear because they are on sale.

I think when it's essentials gas, groceries, bills, school clothes, ect I'm going for the points I have the $ and have to spend it might as well get a lil back.

Other extra stuff I'm still already going to buy for myself or my kids xmas/bdays. I prefer to shop online so I use Discover portal a lot. I can also price shop a pair of shoes at finishline were $10 cheaper than footlocker & Chase portal was offering 15% off there vs 10% footlocker.

If your not over spending & still within your budget I think it's great.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 21 of 26
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Nice work, nice to get them to pay you interest huh lol

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 22 of 26
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

I've caught myself doing this sort of "free spending" from time to time. It happens, and as you make more money you expand your spending. I'm much better about it now than I have been in the past, but sometimes I still enjoy confusing need from wants. And at other times I just want something and by God i'm going to get it!

Interesting discussion.

Message 23 of 26
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Oh yes the above is true to more earning usually leads to more spending.
Nothing is wrong with buying something simply because you want it imo if you can afford it. If you constantly impulse buy you won't build a savings & eventually rack up debt you can't pay.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 24 of 26
dxz7
Established Member

@armbenderc wrote:

Opened the account on 06/2013.

To date I got $223 cash back from BofA  BankAmericard Privileges Cash Rewards.

Redeemed to my BofA Saving with 50% bonus. Smiley Very Happy

Easy money, just following the 3 Ps (Pay on time, Pay in full or Pay more than minumum).

No complain at all. Last year I was using FP and CreditOne. I am paying them to have credit. Now the banks are paying me to use their CCs.

Nice, I opened mine on 7/13 and currently is at $150 without that 50% counted in, but not going to redeem it now, gonna redeem it at the one year cycle with a bigger amount of money with that 50% bonus. Smiley Very Happy 

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 25 of 26
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@dxz7 That's good. I opened a regular saving with BofA just for that 50%.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.