Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So guess who just got FR'ed!

tag
jbunton444
Valued Member

Re: So guess who just got FR'ed!

I don't know... I see both sides.  I see American Express being risk adverse; however, why did they open the account in 9/12 having a large number of inquiries.  Bad on their part... if they would FR me I wouldn't comply -- I would say, "Sorry, I have multiple cards and yours isn't necessary -- my taxes are my own business... if you want to verify my income, however, submit a request to my employer."  

Josh

Gardening since 6-28-2013
Barclay's iTunes: $3,500 | Travelocity Amex $3,350.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | Chase Freedom: $2,000.00 | Discover IT $1,000.00 | NFCU cashRewards Visa $22,500.00 | NavCheck $12,500.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | JCP $3,000.00 | Macy's $2,200.00 | Sam's Club $1,100.00 | Care Credit: $3,300.00 | Carson's $5,250.00 | Wal*Mart $1,500.00 | Various others... can't remember most store cards --- Long journey to HERE -- keep up the good fight!
Message 71 of 105
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:
The OP is simply just YOLO'ing right now.

True but OP is also doing it with way too many HP and is likely to feel the effect of the poor decisions made for a couple years to come, perhaps more. If other banks take AA that info will be retained and future card options could suffer. 

I'm sorry but this is just plain sad. Way too many HP just to get one card? Or it's a joke? Either way AMEX did the right thing here using FR likely based on a SP. They seem to want answers and they don't understand the ridiculous number of requests. OP should approve the request and try to stay in good graces of AMEX. 

As others have said, only if the OP feels that the gain from having Amex outweighs the "costs" of providing the information.  Amex isn't the only game in town, and many people do fine without them.

Did you miss the part about 50 - 85 HP? Sure, dump AMEX after totally going out of control to get a Capital One card. Makes sense. Just scrub AMEX for the near (or distant) future. I'm not debating the age old dead horse of screw AMEX if they want my tax returns decision, I am advocating a proactive role here. It's damage control and the OP needs to do some quickly. 

Don't think that there will not be other AA. Sure AMEX is not the only game in town, it's just the first train to pull out of the "no credit for you" station. As we all know that's not a good place to be now. 

Good luck to the OP. 

Message 72 of 105
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

True but OP is also doing it with way too many HP and is likely to feel the effect of the poor decisions made for a couple years to come, perhaps more. If other banks take AA that info will be retained and future card options could suffer. 

I'm sorry but this is just plain sad. Way too many HP just to get one card? Or it's a joke? Either way AMEX did the right thing here using FR likely based on a SP. They seem to want answers and they don't understand the ridiculous number of requests. OP should approve the request and try to stay in good graces of AMEX. 

As others have said, only if the OP feels that the gain from having Amex outweighs the "costs" of providing the information.  Amex isn't the only game in town, and many people do fine without them.

Did you miss the part about 50 - 85 HP? Sure, dump AMEX after totally going out of control to get a Capital One card. Makes sense. Just scrub AMEX for the near (or distant) future. I'm not debating the age old dead horse of screw AMEX if they want my tax returns decision, I am advocating a proactive role here. It's damage control and the OP needs to do some quickly. 

Don't think that there will not be other AA. Sure AMEX is not the only game in town, it's just the first train to pull out of the "no credit for you" station. As we all know that's not a good place to be now. 

Good luck to the OP. 

So, other banks dont take into account your payment history, and use of the account before they decide to close it.

I have had a Discover for about a month now, it has a $1000 limit, I charged it up to about $800 and then paid off before the due date. Also with BofA when I had a $600 limit, I charged it to $598 and also paid before the due date. Also BofA approved a CLI by using a HP just last week.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 73 of 105
toppers555
Established Contributor

@MsCreditSavvy wrote:

Report to the garden ASAP. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.. *sheesh*

Im sorry but is there a "timeout" chair in the garden? Just curious..

Does the op have to also write on the blackboard 100 times " I will not leave the garden "?

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 74 of 105
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

Good luck to the OP. 

So, other banks dont take into account your payment history, and use of the account before they decide to close it.

I have had a Discover for about a month now, it has a $1000 limit, I charged it up to about $800 and then paid off before the due date. Also with BofA when I had a $600 limit, I charged it to $598 and also paid before the due date. Also BofA approved a CLI by using a HP just last week.

I reread your first post. You closed the account so I take back my suggestion to remit the form. Please go easy on the HP for whatever reason. Two years is a long time to wait for them to fall off your reports. 

Message 75 of 105
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

Good luck to the OP. 

I reread your first post. You closed the account so I take back my suggestion to remit the form. Please go easy on the HP for whatever reason. Two years is a long time to wait for them to fall off your reports. 

Yea, when I called, she said they needed the form, to make sure they do not need to impose a limit on my card. That is when I said I'm not going through this much hassle, I was planning on closing it anyway in September.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 76 of 105
Gypsie77
Valued Member

82 inquires is certainly out of the ordinary.  Especially for the same company week after week.  Asking for tax returns is a bit much IMHO.  However, I don't blame AMEX for taking extra measures to verify who you are.  OP, please report to the garden.  I'll go with you.  

Starting Score: TU 500's EQ 560 Summer of 2012
Current Score: Lender pull EQ 625 EX 651 TU 654
Goal Score: 700 Club!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 77 of 105
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

OP needs a serious TIMEOUT! and also needs to get benched on the (no-credit) sidelines for atleast 2-3 years while those inquires fall off and the op's CR cools off. Smh. :/
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 78 of 105
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

popcorn dog.jpg

Just watching.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 79 of 105
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Guess I'm missing something here. 

OP has indicated a dislike for AMEX.  States that the card will be closed anyway in September.  Gets a FR notice, most presumably because of +/- 82 inquiries, doesn't want to go through the hassle to keep it open, only to close it in September...and is upset.   Would that be a fair assessment? 

I say, let it go. 

Message 80 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.