Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So hard NOT to apply for Discover It Lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So hard NOT to apply for Discover It Lol

After reading all of these posts with people getting approved, credit limit increases every time the wind blows, it's tough holding back from applying when you assume u will get declined anyways.  Am I the only one that feels that way right now? Lol 

Seems like a great card to have and everyone that has one is on cloud 9 these days!   Think I'm still stuck on cloud 1 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: So hard NOT to apply for Discover It Lol

Lol that's how I felt and they were a reach card for me but I really wanted one so I didn't care plus I was doing multiple apps. I got counter offered with a 10.99 intro APR instead of 0, all other benefits apply.

Their mail packaging is crazy and the customer service reps are super nice, they must read from a script because I've talked to 3 so far and the initial greetings, thank yous and goodbyes are all the same.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The good news is that it's pretty unlikely the card is going anywhere so you can app when your profile supports it.

I love Discover. My first unsecured, real card and definitely one I will always keep.

Message 3 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

The good news is that it's pretty unlikely the card is going anywhere so you can app when your profile supports it.

I love Discover. My first unsecured, real card and definitely one I will always keep.

RIght, but the double offer may not be available.

Message 4 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

RIght, but the double offer may not be available.

Kinda irrelevant if you can't get approved for the card, lol but I suppose it's a valid point. Even without the offer, it's still a nice card.

Message 5 of 15
JHex2
Valued Member

I made the jump and I'm just waiting for my card to get here. Discover's customer service is fantastic! I'm pretty excited for Shop Discover myself. I'm not sure of the actual utility of the card, but I already had an Amex, MC, and Visa, and wanted to complete the collection. Yeah I know not the greatest reason, but double cashback is not a joke Smiley Happy

FICO (30May2017) EX - 758, EQ - 759, TU - 773

Discover IT - 11500 Arrival - 12500, Fidelity - 12000, Citi Double Cash - 8300, Citi My Best Buy - 5500, Capital One Quicksilver - 3250
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just changed my Discover More to the IT this week for the double cash back. After years of having a low CL with all the CLI's lately it is coming to be my primary card for a lot of spending. And the customer support has always been great to deal with for me, always friendly and looking to help.

Message 7 of 15
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Just got the email, card on the way. It would be a primary card, but does have acceptance issues, along with Amex (don't know why, the swipe fees are lower, sometimes lower than MC or Visa)
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am in the same boat as you OP. got declined in april lol. they don't want me Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just app for it. i got approved oct last year 5k CL and i had a collection showing! so there is hope for a lot of people 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.